Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N8 music player "artists and albums" issue

Chilly_pz

[ Edited ]

It was really stupid idea to remove Artists view and Albums View...Now I have problem with albums (compilations) with different artists...and it is impossible to find and play the whole album...I can't believe it that software engineers haven’t predicted such a situation. I'm using Nokia for years...but it was easier to do that on old phones but in Symbian^3 phones...You are really going to screw your brand...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

For various artist albums go to album file , hilite all files in folder, right click and select properties/Details, and change album artist to Various Artists and apply, album will then show as various artists but artist on each track will remain as contributing artist, display in player will show the album as it should be ie Now 78 etc

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
withmenilu

(I'm using a N8 ) Why not add seperate artists, lyrics support and a decent search like the menu search in Belle? When you have over 1500 songs the slider gets tiny and it's just impossible to search for a specific track quickly :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Professor
greycounciller

Carman58 : I applied your suggestion about editing the info in Windows and it works brilliantly. Now getting some post of order to this Music player issue. Many thanks. Kudos added.
Jurassic Park, Sam Neill to Dickie Attenborough " Mr. Hammond, the phones are working !"
N8-00 Tesco UK 059C951, Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

Thanks for that, glad you've managed to 'clean things up', to be honest I've always done this, along with adding my album art on WMP and never had an issue with any of the Nokia Music Players :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Professor
greycounciller

Mind you. I've had to resort to "CoverUp" for my album art.
Jurassic Park, Sam Neill to Dickie Attenborough " Mr. Hammond, the phones are working !"
N8-00 Tesco UK 059C951, Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

[ Edited ]

that's not an issue, great application, and easy to use, so I understand :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
boyvinbab

just name album and artist with the same name.......
i hv done it......
Problem solved.........
happy now....... :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
gwu77

krisq wrote:
You should wake up and fill out the Album Artist field in ID3 Tag.

I have 5000 songs, all imported automatically via itunes, I am not going to go through each one of them and add the Album Artist field in ID3 Tag and retransfer all my music... This option has been available in every other player I had, and even in the version before Anna of my nokia. If I want to listen by artist, I select artist, If I want to listen via album I select album, it is this hard. I don't want to fiddle around because nokia thinks of a new way to do things and take away my choice...

Please use plain text.
quitofilms

Oh come on, 2000 songs on my N8 and you want me individually fill out each tag....
not going to happen
they should have group by folder option
Please use plain text.
dinosinn

but how?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
silbury2002

with the N97 when tranasferring mosic on to the Nokia player it was possible to re - order tracks and re file in a event of issues in transferring - with the N8 it does not appear possible to do that or add album art to the player either.

The linking of albums and artists also is a bloody plain
Other than that I am very happy with the N8 performance!

Any suggestions how I solve the above problems?

Thanks for help folks :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Advisor

I cant belive this.. We get an update and it gives us more options on the messaging application!! What about the music Player??? When is the Album and Artists sorting going to be sorted out? Does anyone from NOKIA even READ THEIR OWN FORUM???? **bleep**..

Why do I have to go through editing tags on my music, just cos some stupid software programmers cant figure a simple thing out?????

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
loud05

The default player is making me rip my hair out.

it is impossible to play a compilation album, even though all songs have same album title the artist is different so they are all over the place alphabetically according to artist. this is totally retarded.

also, so let's say I am listening to a new album and there's a song I like. i'm thinking this song i will want to listen to it again, be able to find it. I cannot just options - add to playlist - "new discovered music". instead i have to press back to get to the previous view which allows you to go  - options - playlists, then open playlist, add songs, and then find the artist and then select the song.  this is totally retarded too and very annoying. especially when you press back just once when you need to press it twice then you press it twice when it was supposed to be just once the music player is hidden and you have to reopen anyway it's a pain in the **bleep**. 

while a song is playing i should be able to add it to an existing playlist.

i can't believe i have to **bleep** around with id tags this is bullcrap i'm gonna look for alternative player i'm fed up.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
khanmobster

Hello All

I posted the issue in detail few months before but seems that Nokia is not paying any attention,

http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Music/New-music-player-not-satisfactory-no-eas-of-use-and-prefer-old...

(Kindly comment about your views on above post)

For those who give the suggestion to change ID tag, it is possible but not easy when having a huge collection of multi genres and tracks from all around the world.

It seems hopeless case for me and I am disappointed from Nokia. There are other apps which are better than the original provided but they also lack few features which I mentioned in the post in link (e.g Tunewiki)

Please use plain text.