Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N8 need help removing pictures from the "captu...

Advisor
terp312
Accepted Solution

N8 need help removing pictures from the "captured" folder while keeping them on my phone

hi, guys. first of all, i'm a user and as far from a person that understands technology as it gets.

I need to move some of the pictures on my N8 phone to a different folder (and if you know how to make that folder password-protected that would be much appreciated) and prevent them from appearing in the "Captured" general folder.

I tried "adding" the pictures to a different folder, but they stay in the "captured" and are basically duplicated, and as soon as i delete them from there, they disappear off the phone alltogether.

is there a solution to this problem?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: N8 need help removing pictures from the "captured" folder while keeping them on my phone

@terp312

You have a few choices here, either purchase application of the likes of SmartGuard from Nokia Store:http://store.ovi.com/content/32538 or you could create a folder named  "_PAlbTN" to hide pictures and videos from the gallery upon mass memory or create a folder called "activenotes" upon microSD.

You can also change properties of folder to hidden using file manager such as FExplorer Pro but only works if files are not indexed.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Advisor
terp312

Re: N8 need help removing pictures from the "captured" folder while keeping them on my phone

@aspergerguy

the "_PAlbTN" folder does help remove the pictures from the gallery, but i didn't find a way to make them visible again... basically they disappear and i can't find them ever again... can you comment on that?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@terp312

Have you installed a third party file manager to reveal hidden files?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
terp312

@aspergerguy

no, i haven't. i was wondering if there's a way to do it without the third party applications first
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@terp312

If your N8 connected to PC via mass storage mode, have you enabled "Show hidden & System files" upon your PC?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
terp312

@aspergerguy

thank you. your last suggestion pointed me towards a solution. i created a folder on the mass storage drive, physically moved the files i wanted to "hide" there, and now they don't appear in the gallery, yet i can access them when i want. and they are out of the way, so if someone happens to be using my phone they won't be able to see what i don't want them to see unless they know where to look.

many thanks!
Please use plain text.