Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N8 no caller ID

Contributor

N8 no caller ID

My N8 was working fine but during one day it stopped giving me the name of whoever was calling me even though their details are on my phone,has anyone else come across this and does anyone know how to resolve this?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

It stopped giving you the name but is it at least giving you the callers number?

Have you checked for duplication?

/t5/Pool-of-Knowledge/Missing-Caller-ID-on-Calls-SMS/td-p/371913

Please use plain text.
Contributor

as you say it gives the number but not the caller name, it is not duplicates as it dosen't display ANY names. if it was maybe one or two names it may have been different

Please use plain text.

mines doing similar...

when  i get a call i get no number, or contact name..

just says 'call'

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

If you get just "call" that is a different issue. "call" usually means Caller ID has not been activated by your network. Contact your network and request they check and activate caller ID on your account.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
nixybabes

I have just noticed this happening on my N8 today too, it has been fine until now, I think it was even working yesterday (don't quote me on that!) but now when I get a missed call from anyone it just comes up with the number instead of the name, even though they are in my address book. I have tried it with a few different people and every single one is the same!

Please use plain text.
Contributor

found a simular posting so took my sim out yesterday and caller ID has started working again not sure why

Please use plain text.
Advisor
nixybabes

After playing about for a long time trying to fix this I have found a makeshift solution!

If the contacts are on your sim then it works fine, if they are on your phone then it doesn't.

This is by no means ideal as you cannot add photo's etc when they are on your sim, but I have now got them on both my phone and my sim, only problem is that when I add new contacts and want full functionality I add them to the phone and then have to go in and copy them over to the sim in order for them to show up when they call/text.

Hope this helps, until Nokia pull their finger out and fix the problem!

:-)

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

Strange ! Caller ID usually only works using the phone memory only ! Maybe they've changed things for Symbian^3, which would be a nightmare for me as all my contacts won't fit on my sim, and if you use sim contacts and phone contacts together it causes multiple entries and loses Caller ID !!!!!

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
gilroy10

I have just had a new n8 and the caller id stopped working. All you need to do is call your network provider and they will text you an update. Read this then delete it and switch your phone off and on and problem solved!!!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
2gbuser

I tried all suggestions here but nothing worked.  What worked for me is when I did a reinstallation of the device software from OVI.  Just go to Software Update and select reinstall it under device software of your Nokia N8.

Hope it works for you.

Please use plain text.
n8issuegoingon

i have the same issue with the caller ID, when i dial out, it shows who im calling to sometimes, but it is anoying cuz when getting a sms, i can´t see who sent it either, and if i have the sms id, my n8 doesn´t let me reply to it, i can reply to it if it shows just the number show sent it ,it gets me frustraded

Please use plain text.
ajay_bhargav

did you install battery monitor application recently?

I had the same problem. I just removed battery monitor app and its all back to normal now.

Try it hope it helps.

So, should you find any post useful, please click the Kudos star to the left to show your appreciation.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
2sthguys

check if your contacts are saved in multiple locations.Save them to either siim or phone memory.Then open contacts if your contacts are still showing then slect this as the place to save numbers, if they are not there go back and change the memory you selected to the other option and they should be back.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

it's true I had Battery Monitor inst. I removed and now it's just normal.

tx a lot for the hint :smileyhappy: happy Christmas to all

Please use plain text.
n8issuegoingon

does that application is set up by default on that phone? cuz i didn't download it as far as I remember

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I too had the same problem. Just removed the sim card, put it back in and all is back to normal. Thanks for the tip.

Please use plain text.
riddle_93

jrrsteve wrote:

I too had the same problem. Just removed the sim card, put it back in and all is back to normal. Thanks for the tip.

I did the same thing: Turned off my N8, took out the sim card,put it back in,turned it on and everything's fine now :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Aphrodite

tried to change the sim card..it worked on a different sim card.. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Just  Reinstall the latest software using OVI and VOILA!!!!!!! It worked for me!!!!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.