Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N8 not playing youtube videos. Why?

Advisor
ahsan3650

N8 not playing youtube videos. Why?

hey all,

heres the problem.. my n8 is not playing youtube videos when i select to play it with standard video player option at m.youtube.com it takes me to the video player but shows nothings but only LOADING ...

however when i chose to play the video using flash player beta .. browser plays it smooth ..

my question is why my video player is not playing them ?????

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Thewonderer

[ Edited ]

i got the same problem. When i try to play a video in desktop site mode then it only shows 240p option...

the other way in mobile mode, if i want to watch video then the video player keeps on loading....:smileysad:

I am now using the latest youtube player software from google, it shows a LITTLE better quality than in beta flash player but no real improvements.

as far as i know there is no solution to it. if u find it please let me know.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
rolfsnolf

problem is with youtube

Please use plain text.
Sage
Chefproll

YouTube is owned by Google, Android is owned by Google.

It just helps selling Android phones if Symbian does not display YouTube videos with a better resolution.

So one of my wishes for the next update: "Identify as Android phone if using YouTube". :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
alex666avalon

You just have to go to google mobile with your n8 , clic on youtube and download youtube app for n8 ...

Nokia N8 Silver
Please use plain text.
Advisor
davidbt

Hi

Have you tried changing the streaming settings.

menu/settings/app settings/videos

from here you can choose acces points in use wifi/3g etc.

choose options/advanced settings at main streaming settings screen and try changing what bandwidth setting you use.

i had similar prob via wifi and changed my setting to 1.92mbits (have 3 meg bband) and it worked for me.

keep us posted:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
ahsan3650

my prob is still there.. why N8's video player is not playing youtube vids directly through streaming..  i have youtube app but what's wrong with VIDEO PLAYER ??

Please use plain text.
Advisor
davidbt

Hi ahsan3650,

im not sure whats wrong, sorry my post didnt work:smileysad:.

Maybe more advanced members than myself can advise you.:smileyhappy:

hope you find a solution.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
roberth

[ Edited ]

make sure you are selecting "use flash video" rather than "use full site" it should work then

(i just tried)...hopefully youre referring to the youtube site and not other webpages?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Mohan_111

Any of my youtube downloader is not working in my N8
Need urgent help!!!

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
emilygreen

Hi Mohan_111

Thank you for posting and welcome to Nokia forum! :Cool:

Things to try:

1. Uninstall and reinstall the Youtube downloader.

Restart your phone

1. Press and hold the power button until the phone vibrates and switches off.
2. Switch your phone on again.

Reset the settings

Restore the original factory settings (Menu > Settings > Phone > Phone management > Factory settings > Restore). This reset will not delete any data on your phone it will just restore the settings back to default state.

Update the software

Make sure your phone is running the latest software. Use Nokia Suite to update or reinstall the phone software.

If my post helped you, please don't forget to click on the "White Star" and if it resolved your issue click on "Accept as Solution" :smileywink:

Nokia Lumia 920 Nokia Asha 308 Nokia 808 PureView 
Please use plain text.