Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N8: problem with preinstalled Quickoffice

Sage

N8: problem with preinstalled Quickoffice

One of my friends played with my phone and installed another version of quickoffice(6.2.168), without touch support. I tried everything to restore the preinstalled version (downloaded from quichoffice). Unable to update; and unable to uninstall existing version.

Please advice

Please use plain text.
aaladin95600

Hi,

Have you find a solution for your problem ? , because I have the same !

Thank you for your answer.

Regards

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Ohjf_sa

Me too having same problem.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
mccbleue

adrianzagar wrote:

One of my friends played with my phone and installed another version of quickoffice(6.2.168), without touch support. I tried everything to restore the preinstalled version (downloaded from quichoffice). Unable to update; and unable to uninstall existing version.

Please advice

The first step might be a good thump on the nose for the friend, what was he/she thinking of?

If the installed app it unwilling to uninstall, then you might try reformatting the phone - type *#7370# into the dialler, confirm Yes to reset and enter the security code (12345 if you have never set a personal code). .I'm not sure if this willm remove installed apps - it would on S60 phones, but I'm told it might be different on S^3, so all you can do is try.

NOTE: Before doing this, backup personal data from both phone memory and mass memory because this process will wipe both

Please use plain text.
Advisor
onezeroone

[ Edited ]

mccbleue wrote:

adrianzagar wrote:

Please advice

The first step might be a good thump on the nose for the friend, what was he/she thinking of?

If the installed app it unwilling to uninstall, then you might try reformatting the phone - type *#7370# into the dialler, confirm Yes to reset and enter the security code (12345 if you have never set a personal code). .I'm not sure if this willm remove installed apps - it would on S60 phones, but I'm told it might be different on S^3, so all you can do is try.

NOTE: Before doing this, backup personal data from both phone memory and mass memory because this process will wipe both

a hard reset will cause ovi maps, social widget and ovi store not to function so beware!! only a reflash of firmware can restore ovi store!!!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
TheBalanch

The first thing when I bought my N8 (5 days ago) was a hard reset... And everything functions normally....

I don't know will this help, just wanted to share..

If I've helped you in any way, a click on the White Star to the left would always be appreciated.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
krisq

Then it wasn't hard reset.
Please use plain text.
Sage
Symbian_fan

You can try a soft reset and try to uninstall the app this time it may work. A simple restart and retry may work some time. So if you ever decided to do a reset only do a soft reset. Never do an emergency reset (Unless for the reason stated bellow). Do a hard reset only at your own risk, it is a critical choice but it didn't do a lot of damage to me (i actually formatted the mass memory), I was able to recover all the missing things without doing any re flash, But i cant grantee for your case. Now read bellow and make your decision. 

There are three resets methods available. Soft reset, Hard reset and 3 key emergency recovery (Nokia has coined the new term) 

Soft reset - (restore factory settings or *#7380#) it will do basically nothing to user data, It will clear the ram and so some fixes a little more thana reset/restart. It will clear most annoying settings 

Hard reset - ( Delete data and restore or *#7370#) it will delete all user data and bring the phone back to the state out of the box. Even though if you happened to install softwares on Memory card they will start reinstalling them self once you connect the phone. 

Emergency reset - (Using a special combination of key press -specific to the device you use) this should be used only to wake up an otherwise dead phone and you should expect little to more unexpected behavior after this even though there were no any reported cases until Nokia N8 and N8 made a big issue out of it. 

When you do the Emergency reset you will definitely find Some broken App in your N8 including Ovi Store, Maps, Some widgets etc. So Don't go for this one unless as the last option. If you did a hard reset there are possibility for not facing any Visible large scale problems (especially in early stage of your ownership - Coz you don't know much about your device to judge) provided you didn't format your Mass memory manually.

Please use plain text.
Technical Expert
michaels

[ Edited ]

To offer some clarification, the device reformat (*#7370#) on the N8 is the same as the "reset and delete data" option found under Factory Settings, it will not result in the loss of app like Ovi Maps but it may result in the loss of some home-screen widgets.

Please do not use the three-fingered method unless you phone won't start at all. You can see Nokia's advice on this subject here:

http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/t5/Nseries-and-S60-Smartphones/N8-Maps-problem-after-hard-reset/...

Nokia Lumia - the fastest growing smartphone

If this or any post answers your question, please remember to help others by pressing the 'Accept as solution' button.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
saintchelo

Hello everyone,

I'm having a problem similar to yours. Let me explain.

I bought Quickoffice Premier 6.2.675 but I found a serious problem.

My cleular is a Nokia N8 from Brazil. When I installed Quickoffice for the first time, everything worked perfectly, but I had some problems on my phone and I had to format it (*#7370#). 

When I tried to reinstall the Quickoffice that I bought, was the following message, "Unable to install. " I consulted the support of Quickoffice site that says when this happens you should uninstall the version that came on the phone to be able to install the new version. But I can not find the original version in my application manager, or can not uninstall the version that came on my phone, but the version of Quickoffice that came with the phone is up and running.

How do I reinstall the version of Quickoffice that I bought?

I would greatly appreciate your help.

Thanks to all

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Hitu

Even I am also having same problem... Any solutions???

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Hitu

Hi

Could you please help me in installing quick office. I installed the full version first on the trial version which comes default from nokia. after that i got some problem and reset the phone with deleting the data. 
Again phone return to default factory state.
Now when i try to install the quick office again it stops at about 80% and says "Unable to install"
Please help.
Hitesh

Please use plain text.
Sage

So basically we need a way to uninstall completely QuickOffice (regardless it's preinslalled aka build-in) or a way to overwrite it without any checks...
Given the number of users reporting that, we have to hope in Nokia to deliver a workaround...
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Hitu

Even i wish same... :smileysad: till then no use of quick office trial :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
saintchelo

I had the same problem. The Only way to reinstall my Quick Office was i must to go a Nokia Care Point to reinstall My Firmware, because the Ovi Suite rreinstall software via PC not work properly. Now each reset that i make works perfectlly.

Note: remember to unistall Quick Office BEFORE RESET THE PHONE, to reinstall againg after the reset.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Hitu

No other way than  to hard reset??? :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ashrafelsafty

Nokia care egypt wants me to pay about 77 USD to reinstall the original apps for my N8.

i've very much frustrated from such policy, 1st the outlook can't sync the calender AT ALL, 2nd nokia advice to reset the device, 3rd to ask me to PAY FOR THAT.

even of the outlook is not syncing with outlook calender (with all updates installed) i need to get the normal functions working (OVI client, other apps)

Please advice what to do ???

Please use plain text.