Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N8 push email not working.

Professor
flagpole

yes, it just doesn't work.

it would be nice if nokia acknowledged this. if only through a forum statement.

There's no dignity in begging for kudos. Do it for the karma.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
kona_echinofu

Is there no way to contact Nokia development. It seems support guys haven't a clue of what's going on from peoples comment.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
rhcp

Thanks........yes I had thought of that, but I too have my old E71 connected through my wireless system and logged into gmail - it alerts me and I then go and pull it on the N8!!!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
premk71

Folks,

I am from Malaysia. Bought my N8 on Oct 22. First week had no issues with Push Email. I come from N95->E90->E71->N97->N8 and found the new client with unified messaging that combines Mfe and rest pretty good. I had push email on Gmail ( 2 accounts), Yahoo ( 2 accounts) , Mfe and also on Windows Live mail.

No issues at all.

However on October 29, I updated via OTA the "Phone Apps Update" which among others  I guess allowed me to update  the Socially and have the capability to "share" with FBook directly from gallery.

I also noticed since then all my push mail ( Except Mfe) stopped working. I have checked thru online web, i have tonnes of new email on these Gmail/Yahoo accounts but none get delivered.

So I deleted one of the Gmail inbox and recreated it. I found now it seems no longer the "push email" type. When I try to set up the new mailbox There is a statement that says  " cannot enable the mail service that allows you to fully experience your favourite providers,.....etc etc".

If i proceed to create the mailbox, its no longer the push type and I cannot select  synchronize "soonest". It also has settings for imap mailbox and folder subscriptions, things which I didnt see before. Seems like a standard email box  not tied into "nokia messaging" type push email boxes.

I have tried to set up with both 3G and also Wlan connection, same situation. No change.

I tried download nokia messaging from email.nokia.com...cannot install, component already built in.

I checked my internet settings to see if its pointed to my 3G connection, yes it does but no more push mail.

Besides Gmail i also tried to set up ovi mail, same issues. Seems push mail on N8 just died altogether. Nothing but mfe works.

Why do i suspect the phone apps update is the issue? Because all the email boxes are dead on same day october 29. The only other thing i have done from October 29 is install opera mini and mobile.

is the situation an issue with Nokia side ? Hope they fix the problem. Now the phone doesnt do what its advertised to do.

Please use plain text.
Sage

[ Edited ]

I have the same problem.

Push e-mail is not working on the N8.

Also ...

- deleted e-mails (on PC) stay in INBOX after sync on phone.

- when i delete an e-mail on pc and after that undelete it. I have a duplicate of that e-mail in my phone inbox (so .. 2 same e-mails).

E-mail on N8 :  a disaster at this moment. And we are all not informed by Nokia.

Please use plain text.
humblehyper69

I have the same problem. I'll return mine this weekend. The sole reason why I bought the N8 was mainly of the push email capabilities.  Good thing I still have my E72.

Nokia why why why.  Too bad it is such a beautiful phone.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
premk71

Okay, mine got resolved.

I read in some other posts on this discussion board about people replacing their SIM card with other service providers card and their issues resolved. Since I didnt have another service provider's SIM, i used another SIM from my same service provider.

I deleted and re created the email accounts. they work. Also I have since gone back to my original SIM and am still able to add email accounts and no issue of PUSH mail for accounts created with both SIM cards.

Am glad its finally settled after 5-6 days. I wonder what if the Phone Apps Update had anything to do with it.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
kona_echinofu

Hi Premk. Just to clarify that you actually have it workimg. Could you confirm by checking if there is a solid green circle in the top left of the email application when it isn't syncing? (whilst not connected via wifi)
Thanks
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
kona_echinofu

I've just tried the SIM changing solution... Still not working.

I noticed, try logging into email.nokia.com from PC it doesn't work.

I recieved this message on the phone when trying to set up the mailbox after SIM changing. "Cannot enable the mail service that allows you to fully experience your favourite providers because the connection to the mail server is not possible with the settings you provided" Then it prompts me to go with old school mail client (POP3).

So I think its on Nokia's server side. I think they are doing some sort of IP filtering so only mobile phones can access the service, however I don't think it is working properly!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
premk71

Hi Kona,

I have checked. Both Gmail accounts, solid green. Both Yahoo account solid green, Windows live solid green but ovi seems to be green circling ( synching) for quite a long time. I am sure there are no emails for my ovi mail. i dont use it, but it seems to be synching.

Just to add, if u see my post up there, i too had that "cannot enable...." message when i was having issues. after i pull off the SIM card routine, when i reinsert my original SIM card, phone was stuck in offline mode and not able to read my SIM, I had to  reinsert again. Maybe u can try the 8 second reboot thing.

Also though now i can set thngs up well, it seems some of my mail is slow in getting delivered. Some arrive immediately, some take quite a bit time and some I send a coupld of hours ago have yet to arrive. Some the notification sounds, some doesnt sound. Some emails get delivered even when i am looking at other apps, for some email, I have to open the mail box and its gets updated .

In other words its still buggy. At least thats my take after ~ 20 hours  and closer look at things

Please use plain text.
Sage
naf1970

Hi,

Same problem here!!!

My gmail account don't synchronize in N8. I'm very happy with the phone but not with Nokia email client. In my old N97 mini usually I received mails first in the phone and then in PC.

With N8 I'm not receiving any mails in phone and I received in PC.

Nokia please release new firmware or email client software to solve this problem.

N8 deserves a good mail client!!! 

Nokia N8 / N9 / Lumia 920 White
Please use plain text.
Contributor
premk71

Folks, more infor to add on.

prior to this when I was using N97, I had a nokia messaging account, registered with www.email.nokia.com . Thats how i used to get my N97 emails. During that time , when i log into that site and check under "My Subscription", it used to show Plan: Trial; Status: Active.

Obviously when i migrated to N8, i didnt use the good old Nokia messaging client... the setup on N8 is different ( u know what I am saying, u cant download and install Nokia Mail client, its already built into  N8).

2 days back, i checked it showed Plan: Purchased with Device; Status Active

Today after the SIM swap and all, I check it says : Plan : Purchased with Device; Status : Cancelled.

So there you go, its either Nokia messaging server side some changes are being made or there is some confusion for those migrating from previous version of Nokia Messaging Mail Client.. At this juncture, all i can do is wait and see if something will be fixed by Nokia.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
kona_echinofu

Premk71... That is a good point. I too was on a "Beta" subscription when I used to use it with my N79. Since then it changed to "Purchased with Device".

Although, I have just realised the sim I changed to had the incorrect internet settings (Mailbox setup kept stalling, then failing). But I will be trying again later with another sim and will post the result of what happens (I will check it is using the correct settings).

Lets see if I get "Cancelled" or a working service...
Please use plain text.
Sage
naf1970

[ Edited ]

In my case, I came also from Nokia Messaging subscription in N97 mini.

Today I access to nokia.messaging site and all my defined emails accounts desapears, but my staus subscriptions stills active.

I think this is some problem in migrating / updating procedure in Nokia Servers from Nokia Messaging to this new process...

Nokia N8 / N9 / Lumia 920 White
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
kona_echinofu

I've tried with a different SIM. Sucessfully deleted and recreated the mailbox, but still no push!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
premk71

Kona_

This time when u recreated the mailboxes, did u see this

"Cannot enable the mail service that allows you to fully experience your favourite providers because the connection to the mail server is not possible with the settings you provided"

my side push mail is very slow...it doesnt seem to be instant as before.only on some mails it does.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
premk71

yikes.... check at www.email.nokia.com now shows my subscription status : Active. My, something is happening. Let me try turn off my phone , turn it on again and see if anything is changing after that with regards to push mail
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
kona_echinofu

Hey Premk71,

I didn't see that message the second time I created the account. It just synced all my mails down then discconected, no push.

I cancelled my email.nokia.com account (Hotmail) then re-activated using the phone mail client under my GMail account and still not working (Just syncng down the emails then disconnecting).

I just tried logging in on email.nokia.com with my GMail account details and it says they are not on record, also my Hotmail Account details (Just incase) and also they are not on record, so I'm confused, I'm recieving emails on the GMail account through the nokia messaging service (Not push, but syncing every 15 mins) so I MUST have an account on email.nokia.com but can't log in!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
kona_echinofu

Oh I just emailed Nokia Care with this message, will have to wait and see if they get back to me on Monday!

Nokia Messaging Push-Mail is not working.

I tried cancelling my account on email.nokia.com (under email address *************@hotmail.com) and reactivated on the phone messaging client under *************@gmail.com, but cannot login under that username on email.nokia.com (Tells me it is not on record).

Note: I used to have a "BETA" subscription to the service on my N79 (Serial: *****************).

I've read you can reactivate the account so can you do so?
Can you please activate my account and let me know what email address I need to use to login (My hotmail or GMail?).

Also, a solution to push mail is needed. A lot of people are experiencing it also!

Check your forums:
/t5/Messaging-Email-and-Browsing/N8-push-email-not-working/m-p/773869/highlight/true#M28524
Please use plain text.
Sage

Same problem with me, not sync. gmail or hotmail???

Please use plain text.