Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N8 says Offline

Registered Member
AndyGleed

N8 says Offline

Hi,  for some reason my N8 has the text 'Offline' in the top left of the screen and I can't see a way to get it back online, or does offline mean it has no signal?

If I try to select the 'General' profile, it says 'Insert SIM'!  But i have been making calls with this phone until today....

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
AndyGleed

Just powered it off, removed sim and put it back in and powered up again, and it asked me if I want to keep using in offline mode.

Said No and its ok now....very odd.  I dont recall ever having put it in offline mode in the first place.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
synth_fg

Offline is the flightsafe profile

to change profile tap where it says offline / general / etc and select the profile you want to use

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Mine keeps going to offline mode off mid use. The unit needs a cold restart about 5 times a day, will erratically say Sim registration failed, loses Bluetooth. Two weeks or so old. It's going to be sent in to Nokia for repair ASAP, this is rubbish.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
coral

my phone is suck on 'offline ' mode and even when i switch it to 'general' it switches itself back to off line . what can i do to repair this problem?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

Just restart your phone. If prompted selecr no to the offline confirmation dialog.
If this doesnot work reinsert sim card,
If this doesnot work there would be problem with sim, so get a new sim for your same old number in your service providers office.

Hope this helps.

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
synth_fg

Seems to be an issue if the sim card is getting on a bit,
as suggested, power down, remove sim, give it a wipe,
reinsert and power back up
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
bandokb

my n8 says offline an if i try to change its mode it says insert sim an restart phone. when i did that the same thing happened. what o do

Please use plain text.