Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N8 screen gone blank, can't turn off!

athertonsl

N8 screen gone blank, can't turn off!

Was using facebook this morning, clicked to upload a photo and screen went black. Can't turn it off by holding the power button, it vibrates when I push the lock/unlock button but that is it, nothing appears on the screen. Help!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

Re: N8 screen gone blank, can't turn off!

What happens if you long press the menu button? Normally, the task manager would open thus giving you the option to close whatever application is causing the trouble.

Also, have you tried long pressing the power button for approximately eight seconds until you feel three quick vibrations? This is a simulated battery pull and allows you to reboot the phone.

Ray 

Please use plain text.
athertonsl

nothing happens when I press either button, think I'm gonna have to send it off for repair but I'm reluctant to because from past experience they always say there was water damage even when your phone has never been anywhere near any water.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

athertonsl wrote:

think I'm gonna have to send it off for repair but I'm reluctant to because from past experience they always say there was water damage even when your phone has never been anywhere near any water.

Don't know in what part of the world you are but you can always escalate issue and demand an independent inspection should this be repairer's response which seems totally unwarranted; that said dew point condensation, sweat and relative humidity all bear a part in starting corrosion within device.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

athertonsl wrote:

nothing happens when I press either button, think I'm gonna have to send it off for repair but I'm reluctant to because from past experience they always say there was water damage even when your phone has never been anywhere near any water.

Keep trying the 8 second power button press. It's been known to be successful for others facing a similar issue to yours.

All the best.

Ray 

Please use plain text.
sherinet

thanks aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalot it jus worked for me ray
Please use plain text.