Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N8 shut down while updating

Contributor
othmane_m

N8 shut down while updating

My N8 does not respond anymore!!! I have updated its software, not withoug difficulty, with symbian anna 1/2, and 2/2 one week ago.  On friday, Ovi informed me that there is a new update for the software, I accepted the update.  While updating the phone jammed and then the computer jammed, I was obliged to reboot the phone and the computer as well.  Since then the phone would not turn on!!! I tried the software updated, but still the computer does recognize my N8.  I guess it has to be on to be recognized.  If I push the power button for 10 sec, it does not turn on, it only vibrates, and the USB lead starts to flash!!! I do not know what to do to have my phone go back to normal.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@othmane_m

If you depress the power button for 8 seconds you get 3 vibrations and device is then off, so you should then try to re-start it normally!

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Contributor
othmane_m

I have tried that already, it doesn not work!! it vibrates 3 times and then when I push the button again for 8 sec, it vibrates one time, without having the phone turned on, nor have it recognized by my computer so that I can reinstall the update!!!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
geosmk

Hi, I got exactly the same problem now while updating my well-functioning N95 8GB today after seeing that Ovi Suite suggested to do so! Now I have a phone which only is able to give me a grey screen and doesn't react at all and the PC doesn't recognize it....

Please use plain text.
Contributor
othmane_m

I have tried that already, it doesn not work!! it vibrates 3 times and then when I push the button again for 8 sec, it vibrates one time, without having the phone turned on, nor have it recognized by my computer so that I can reinstall the update!!!
Please use plain text.
Slimy22

Hi !

I have the same problem as othmane_m only on a Nokia E7 that i just bought.

I can't believe what just happend to me. While i was updating my new bought phone so it will be up to date, the windows crashed (blue screen appeard).........

I have the same simtoms on my phone as the N8.

What can i do ? I would like to know how it's going to be repaired before i go to a gsm service.

I need help fast !

Please use plain text.
Sage

Sorry guys, but the only thing you'll be able to do is bring your phone to the local Nokia Care Point.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
somu82

Ya i am having the same problem on my N8.

pls if any body canprovide me any hint about what to do????????   :blink:  :wacko:  :confused:  :crying:

Please use plain text.
Professor
j444lh

If you've tried @aspergerguy's advise them I'm afraid you will need to visit a Nokia Care Centre to get the Firmware flashed. 

N95 (RM159) V31.0.017, N8 (RM596) Belle 111.040.1511
Please use plain text.