Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N8 stuck on Nokia logo screen forever

Contributor
bangla

N8 stuck on Nokia logo screen forever

hi, i'm from Malaysia .i had this problem yesterday after i installed a garmin on my n8 . the 1st installation was a success but i uninstalled it because the software wasn't running smoothly n i installed another 1 . then the problem starts here when i got stuck . i then reset my phone by pushing the on button for 8 sec . it restart, butthen stuck on the Nokia logo start up screen forever . i then hard reset it by pushing the 3 button reset . but nothing happen . still stuck on the Nokia logo screen . sent it to the phone store but they said even they could not repair it . i want to sent it to the Nokia Center but the center said that they need 1 week . i need to get back to my university by that time. so i decided to wait n go for the Nokia Center around my university . huh . please some1 help me . what do u guys think the problem was ?:smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Re: N8 stuck on Nokia logo screen forever

[ Edited ]

Were you using garmin software purchased directly from garmin or did you get it for "free" from somewhere?

Did you install it to phone memory, mass memory or memory card?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bangla

i get it free . n i installed it on mass memory .

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Welcome to the forum!

You have my sympathies as have installed Garmin Xt v.5.00.50 on N8 and sorry things went wrong for you. Presumably Care Point would have facilities to try re-flashing firmware in the first instance.

Be aware that although optimised for S60 5th Ed. devices it was not developed for Symbian^3.

In emergency I would probably have tried a three button depressed power on as nothing to lose here apart from all pre-installed material on both C:\ and E:\ drives, but don't know whether this would have achieved anything in your circumstances.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

This is one of the many things that go wrong when you use stolen software.

The only option I can see is for you to hard reset your N8, but that will give you other problems and i'm not even sure it will sort it, so I'm reluctant to post the method. You can find out how to do it by searching google for "hard reset nokia N8".

If that doesn't work you will have to hope that the care centre will help you remove the illegal software from the mass memory.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

[ Edited ]

psychomania wrote:

Did you install it to phone memory, mass memory or memory card?

Garmin Xt Mobile has to be installed on E:\ mass memory on the N8 by the way, so reformatting this may achieve the desired result.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

aspergerguy wrote:

Garmin Xt Mobile has to be installed on E:\ mass memory on the N8 by the way.

I don't actually care, not willing to put much effort into helping people that screw up their phones after using illegal stolen software.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bangla

tQ to both of u for ur responses . i tried the hard reset 3 button but nothing happened .:smileysad:

i guess i will have to wait when i get back to my college and go to the nokia center . btw, hard reset is by holding on low vol + menu + camera + on button aite ? but for how long ?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

bangla wrote:

tQ to both of u for ur responses . i tried the hard reset 3 button but nothing happened .:smileysad:

i guess i will have to wait when i get back to my college and go to the nokia center . btw, hard reset is by holding on low vol + menu + camera + on button aite ? but for how long ?

Release power button after first vibration, but keep other three buttons depressed until Nokia "Shaking hands" logo appears.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bangla

ahhhh ! it works ! tQ2

tq very2 much:smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bangla

but why do the phone getting slower ? so slow when trying to set the time n date ?:smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

I only remember that it seemed to take ages verifying Nokia account after a hard reset, but don't remember problem with location, time & date unfortunately.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bangla

don't bother . got it solve . huhu . tQ for ur response . tqvm . after the hard reset i quickly format it using *#7370# n then the problem solve . tQ . :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
aikin19

Hi bangla,

I suggest that you go to the nearest Nokia Care center for possible phone assessment. I'm sure that Nokia engineers can definitely help you with your issue.

Kind Regards.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sairohit

thankq sir it worked for me

Please use plain text.