Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N8 support Chinese character?

Registered Member
fengtso

N8 support Chinese character?

I cannot make my N8 display Chinese character. Is there any way I can show Chinese word on N8? 

p.s. I purchased my N8 in USA.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

Re: N8 support Chinese character?

no you can't if you have a US variant it has a language pack specific to north american region. you might be able to go to nokia care and ask them to install a language pack with Chinese language but make sure it also has other languages that you are likely to use . also it will cost you as it is not standard to switch language packs
You know what I love about you the most, the fact that you are not me ! In love with technology and all that it can offer. Join me in discovery....
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ranruobin

hi,

I found out that all APAC versions like Singapore, Malaysia, China, Hong Kong etc...... do have English as well as Chinese support.

It is working fine for me.

try it through Nokia Care

greetings from China

Please use plain text.
Advisor
fkclai

Please refer to discussions here to install CJK fonts for N8:

/t5/Nseries-and-S60-Smartphones/Nokia-N8-RM-596-Symbian-3-Keyboard-and-Font-Language-Support/td-p/77...

fengtso wrote:

I cannot make my N8 display Chinese character. Is there any way I can show Chinese word on N8? 

p.s. I purchased my N8 in USA.

Please use plain text.