Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N8 symbian belle wifi internet problem

Advisor
santanasy

Yes,but this is not the problem.Access point is correct...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Hi Kiraa64, thanks for the information. I believe you when you say it is a DHCP bug, but as you have seen with other posts here. This solution, while it makes sense, does not help me either. I am very familiar with networking and have access to my router and I know what IP range it assigns from. I work for an internet and networking company, so technically, I know I was able to do what you were suggesting.

My phone appears to connect (DHCP or static), but I can't ping it. Now, I'm not sure if the N8 even responds to pings, but just FYI.

The phone keeps disconnecting every few seconds. Sometimes I can get some data through, but it is very frustrating.

There may be a networking/wifi issue for some people along with a DHCP issue.

We need Nokia to (Skyee?) to let us know if this is a known issue. As long as it is known, I'm confident it will get fixed and there is (or will be) a temporary work-around.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
santanasy

I agree with davidstoll....

Please use plain text.
Advisor
atms001

Same problem here... **bleep**ing Nokia.. So my upgrades have always been riddled with problems.ovi maps app needs to be re-installed... cant they get it right before shipping it? After 20yrs of Nokia, I think Ive had enough .Every firmware update becomes a stressfull time wasting thing. iphone next .. but this need to be resolved before I sell the damn thing ..
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

[ Edited ]

atms001,

While your frustration is understandable and justified, I can assure you that "the grass is not necessarily greener on the other side". You will see posts like yours just as frequently with the competitors. This is a slightly subjective view, but in general, it is true.

But I understand the anger.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
atms001

I would tend to agree with you davidstoll . but my experience with Nokia firmware upgrade always had problems.. its never been straight forward.. If I get something wrong everytime ie unprofessional with my work, I will (or should) be jobless today!..

but thanks for your response... we'd all like this issue resolved, and shouldnt need to have to come here in the first place ...
Please use plain text.
ravi_agrawal

I can't connect to the internet from my wifi and data connection.

when i try to connect, show an error- Connection failed and Acces Denied.

This probelon occure when i update my n8 to Nokia belle.
please help me.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
nokh

Same/similar problem here with a C7 after upgrade to Belle, there was no problem previously.

Nokia 2110 (bought the very original "brick" version back in 1995 :smileyhappy:), 6110 (1997), 6210, 6310, 6310i, 6230, 6233, 5800, C7, HF-3, CK-20W, CK-300 (all bought new) - looks like a loyal Nokia customer, doesn't it? :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Advisor
santanasy

ravi. we all have wifi problem....

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
wickedrandom

same problem here...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Kiraa64

Hey davidstoll:

The problem I was having is that the phone wouldn't konnect any at all.

When I pull down the drop menu and select Wifi, then select the network I want to konnect to, it immediately says "Connection failed, Wifi Network not found".

Seems like it didn't even tried to konnect, but it seems that you actually got a konnection... brief, but a konnection none the less.

So it would seem as if we're different bugs/symptoms where different people are reporting different workarounds (Power save, hard reset, etc.)

I guess I should have properly explained what symptoms my workaround was for, because they're 4 networks I kan't konnect to, and when I enter my ip, they all worked, but they're others that I kan konnect to normally
Nokia N8
Nokia Belle v.111.030.0609
Please use plain text.
ramaral8793

I had this problem.

I removed unnecessary software to fix it. What caused by problem was kaspersky. Once I removed kaspersky and installed F-Secure my wifi and internet connections problems disappeared (and my phone was more stable).

HTH

Please use plain text.
Advisor
pikolog

I did a factory reset, no software is running in the background.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Acura69

I have had similar problems and so far have only found a work-around but thought I would share in case it helps you.  Under all 3 Symbian versions, my N8 has always had the issue of saying that I am connected to WiFi but I could not get anything, like the web, to work.  Usually, I just disconnect & recconnect & it fixes the problem.  Once in a while, that will not work & I have to connect to some othe random WiFi (even if I do not know the password), disconnect & then reconnect to the right one & it does the trick.  Mildly annoying but worth it since I do have to pay a data plan.

With Belle, this still occassionally happens when I am at school/work (as always) but at home, it happens a lot - more frequent than before.

As for your WiFi disconnecting itself - I discovered that my N8 did that as well when I had no app/widgets going that needs the net.  I guess it is some kind of power saving function but as soon as I set up my email/social, it stays connected.

Hope this helps & good luck!!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
pikolog

I figured that I can connect to wifi at school. At home I have an old 802.11b wifi, with WEP. School has 802.11g/n something new with WPA2. Dunno if the problem is related. The connectivity is almost seemless like before. 

Please use plain text.
andimalik

Hi Kiraa64,

Thanks my symptoms is very similar to yours.. It started after belle update.. I had no access to 3G or wifi. Message was "Connection failed access denied". I then did a hard reset and the problem was still there with an new message "Connection failed, Connection unavailable". I tried other solutions to no avail. I then tried your method by setting the IP address for the Wifi manually and then rebooting the phone after which it connected. This is not an ideal solution though as it would mean you would need to know the IP details of other connected wifi devices for every wifi u cannot connect to..

Its okay for my home wifi though.. Nokia had better fix this mess very soon... A phone without internet is useless

BR

Andimalik

Please use plain text.
Advisor
atms001

Non of the above suggestions seem to works for me. wifi is dead..Im holding a very expensive basic phone

( Tried the photo gallery viewer.. its a mess and half to view photos ! I think we've just been down graded. )
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
altanava

Same here, after update to Belle goodbye to any connection 3g or WiFi... help!!!! What am I goingo to do with this useful cel phone. Internet is needed not optional.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
aleph1

I began getting the "connection failed wi-fi network not found" message on my home network with the Anna upgrade.  I tried all the fixes suggested then and none of them worked.  I gave up and did without functionality and waited for Belle, which I thought would surely fix the problem, because Anna had affected numerous users who reported variations of the wi-fi problem.

I can connect to my neighbor's network so it seems to be a DHCP issue with some routers as has been said before,    I don't know why Nokia has been clueless about this for months.

Please use plain text.
shehzu

Go to Settings>Connectivity>Settings>NetworkDestination>Options>DEFAULT CONNECTION>Internet 

Now you can browse even with mobile data turned off Via your wifi :smileyvery-happy: I only realised N8 wasn`t using wifi when I got a message saying i`m near to my 500mb limit.

Also, when updating make sure you DO NOT TOUCH the phone. Follow prompts on computer.

Now my N8 is a SAT NAV, Portable media player and 12m PIXEL camera :smileyhappy: 

Please use plain text.