Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N8 symbian belle wifi internet problem

Advisor
Ranjanch

Re: N8 symbian belle wifi internet problem - Possible solutions

Ask your Cellular service provider to send you settings by SMS. there is a ver big possibiltiy that if you visit their website there will be some USSD command or BOSS using which you can get settings on your phone. (IT depends only on the service provider. Whe you get the SMS with settings, open it and then select save from options.

OR. 

go to settings > connectivity>setting>Network destinations>new access point>(select "No" when it asks to automatically check for avaiable access points)>Mobile data> (give it a name for e.g. XXXX). this will add "xxxx" as a access point. the click on XXXX and then manually enter the settings (settings can be given only by the service provider- normally they are on service provider's  web page) 

If you like the above or it solves the problem, do not forget to click on the star/Kudos :-)
Please use plain text.
Contributor

are we sitting comfortably? This is my experience, and i hope it helps. I updated to Belle from Anna 2 days ago. I installed tons of games (some had not transferred over with the switch) and also 1 or 2 apps, incl KASPERSKY once i removed F-SECURE. EVERYTHING seemed to work ok including wifi. My problem only came about when 1 of my games froze (Angry Birds) and i switched off and restarted. = no WIFI. 

quite basically all i did (after reading through the TONS of comments) was to UNinstall Kaspersky, restrart phone and WIFI is now working.

NOT ideal but until a fix etc will let you now connect.

ps KASPERSKY (mobile9) never did seem to look or function right on Belle. Things like the logo and tabs on it didn't function - hey-ho. Another £20 wasted....pfft 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
mojoh_be

I also had problems with WiFi & 3G. After factory reset and uninstalling SPB Wireless Monitor everything seems te be ok for me.

Regards

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Flavio

Re: N8 symbian belle wifi internet problem

One final update. I got a feedback from Nokia. See below.... I didn't try it yet, and I am not sure I will (I'm quite ok with the workaround power saving), but, this could indeed be THE solution...

Hi Flavio

Since our last interaction we have gathered a bit more information on the subject.

The error appears because of a corrupted file in backup, in section "Phone and application settings" (english key icon in back up process section, where you can choose which data to save. Do not include this part in backup).
To solve this,

- you do need to make a hard reset (*#7370# ),

- then re-install Nokia Belle with the Nokia Suite and restore back up, except that part (meaning a backup without Phone and applications settings included).

It should solve the issue.
If the error remains, it's necessary to make a Deep Reset ( phone switched off, press low volume, camera and menu keys, then switch on phone maintaing hold on those keys until phone starts) before reinstall Belle and restore back up as i say before.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards

Nokia Care

Please use plain text.
zacura

Thanks for sharing this. The *#7370# hard reset and reinstallation of Belle fixed the issue on my C7.

Please use plain text.
TatoArg

How do you re-install Belle? Hard reset *#7370# keeps belle installed in the phone...

Please use plain text.
zacura

[ Edited ]

You need to use Nokia Suite to reinstall, there is a option under software updates to reinstall the Belle update.

Please use plain text.
Professor
childofthewo_mj

I'll try this solution see if Auto Wifi connects!

TatoArg wrote:

Do this: Menu - Settings - Connectivity - WiFi - Options - Settings - Energy saving - OFF. That is the solution to the problem of WiFi with Nokia Belle

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sameerac6

same problem on my c6-01 symbian belle,When Hard Reset Phone problem Gone but after two day problem come again

Please use plain text.
Advisor
mojoh_be

sameerac6 wrote:

same problem on my c6-01 symbian belle,When Hard Reset Phone problem Gone but after two day problem come again

Try to remove all apps, especially those who need wifi or 3G connections. Then reinstall them one by one and test which one is responsible for the problem. On my C7-00 after I did hard reset, SPB Wireless monitor caused Wife & 3G to not work properly. Since I removed that app all has been ok.

Cheers

Please use plain text.
Advisor
atms001

Re: N8 symbian belle wifi internet problem - Belle's not compatible with all wireless routers

With Anna my N8 had no Wifi issue.. Immediately after updating with Belle the phone fails to connect to my wireless router ( D-Link) ... Why? in my case it is not corrupted files. I have done everything , Hard Reset, Deep Reset, wiped out everything ... no data left, not calender, messages, bookmarks, no maps ... Then ... 

Reinstalled Belle,.and still no Wifi connection.. all them hours wasted.

My conclusion is (  why we have this post, as others with N8 have similar problem ) Belle is currently not fully compatible with all wireless routers/access points. Something Nokia has overlooked. it is. simple as that.

Not every one here suddenly had corrupted files, so you cant really blame this problem on corrupted files.

This problem didnt happen in the last couple of Anna updates..

I think we are going around in circles...  if it works with some routers and not some

then we are going to have problems when using public access points, as there will be different

routers out there some will not be compatible...

This us like rolling out a car that has a common fault but the reason/s are unknown.,

then provide different (albeit trial & error) solutions, expecting  the drivers to meddle under the bonnet  .

like mini mechanics. and which works for some, and not for some..)

Lets dont waste time, and wait for a fix ( hopefully not for too long !)

Please use plain text.
Professor
childofthewo_mj

OK. I tired this and it works! I have Nokia Situations so I am not so scared of losing Battery Life.

Thanks! Kudos! I think Nokia should bring back the WiFi Setting Option of "Automatically Switch to Known WiFi... etc."

TatoArg wrote:

Do this: Menu - Settings - Connectivity - WiFi - Options - Settings - Energy saving - OFF. That is the solution to the problem of WiFi with Nokia Belle

Please use plain text.
Advisor
viclux

[ Edited ]

oh i found this topic to late...already done a three finger reset ...:smileysad:

Workaround (static ip) fixed my problem.

When running on dhcp

Subnet mask and gateway were empty. (click on wifi network and it shows name, ssid, etc...on three last lines, you will find ip address, subnetmask and gw). Subnet and gw are empty (0.0.0.0).

I also tried with 2 different router=same Problem.

With Anna the wifi connection was ok. Maybe a dhcp timeout problem on Belle.

By setting the a fixed ip i could connect succesfully to internet.

oh i just notice setting the Power saving to disabled worked also.  In my case i had to reboot my N8. Thank you !!!

thx

bye

Please use plain text.
Advisor
viclux

stop to worked now :smileysad:

what a ....

Please use plain text.
Advisor
viclux

[ Edited ]

removed wifi security from my router an leave it open...Problem still there...I received an ip with mask an gateway. The priority is set for the wifi connections but no internet.

this start to be very unpleasant!

Please use plain text.
Ahamhum

That solved my problem - thanks very much for the post. It was very helpful
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jeniceek

I had the same problem with wi-fi upgrade to the belle, helped reset the wifi network. I do not know why but Bella can not cope with WEP security.
After the security settings to WPA2-PSK everything works!

Please use plain text.
Professor
childofthewo_mj

OK. I tired this. It works... but eats at my Battery even in Power Saving Mode so I am turning it off now.

childofthewo_mj wrote:

I'll try this solution see if Auto Wifi connects!

TatoArg wrote:

Please use plain text.
Tmaxnero

Very bad start; C7 and N8 don't work in WIFI mode. it's a problem for my work! Do you think that mister Nokia solve the bugs in a few time?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
viclux

Even with correct ip/msk an gw. My Nokia Web Browser wan't open a locally web service ( i tried my router web interface). So no dns problem.

from my pc i can ping my n8...

So back to anna....

thank you Mr. Google for all the tutorials :smileywink:

Please use plain text.