Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N8 - transfer all contacts via Bluetooth

Counsellor
jezston

N8 - transfer all contacts via Bluetooth

My N8 is about to be sent off to be repaired, and I'm trying to copy my contacts to my temporary little Nokia 2330 via bluetooth, but have hit a snag.

It appears on the N8 you can only send contacts via bluetooth one at a time. If you mark multiple contacts, the options to transmit via bluetooth disappear.

Considering I have over 100 contacts on my phone I can't do it one by one! The 2330 has no cable connectivity so I can't sync it to the contacts on my PC, and I fear copying all my contacts to my SIM will either not work or mess up my contacts on my N8 as well.

Is there any way to copy ALL contacts from an N8 in one go?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jezston

Re: N8 - transfer all contacts via Bluetooth

Aha, found 'Phone Switch'. After initially wondering why it only wanted to RECEIVE contacts FROM the 2330 I managed to make it work. Contacts transferred across successfully.

Nokia: you might want to look at why you can no longer send multiple contacts via Bluetooth from the address book, and also at how Phone Switch works - it is a little hokey right now. It's also a bit unnecessarily self-aggrandising for it to announce upon first run how it can be used to transfer contacts from one Nokia to another FREE OF CHARGE! Yeah thanks for not charging me to transfer my contacts via bluetooth. Perhaps the Music Player should have a message on start up saying how it can transfer music from your phone to your ears free of charge?

Please use plain text.