Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N8 vs N9 vs Lumia 800

Proff_temmy

N8 vs N9 vs Lumia 800

Plz nokia user i want to get a new fone out of the three which one is d best
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: N8 vs N9 vs Lumia 800

You may check yourself over here ...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

N8 still has the best camera so I don't leave home without it. Apart from that it is now starting to show it's age when in the company of the other 2. The N9 is a serious users phone. Fantastic piece of kit. Only snags are few apps and possibly a dead end platform but most of what you need is preinstalled. But I really enjoy using it. The Lumia 800 is an everyday users phone. It is very intuitive and simple to use but has many limitations. 

The ideal phone for you will be the one that best suits your usage.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jezston

Possibly a dead end platform? DEFINITELY a dead end platform. Which is a shame as it's much better than the awful Windows Phone.

OP: If it were my choice at this point, I wouldn't get any of those phones. Its a shame no one else does a phone with a Xenon flash (which is why I'm sticking with my N8 for the time being), but if that's not important to you I'd look at the latest offerings from Sony, HTC and Samsung.

Any loyalty or allegiance you may feel you have towards Nokia is misguided, and certainly not reciprocated. Nokia don't care about you, there's no reason for you to care about them.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
donofworld

as cjlim has already pointed out ....N8 is still camera king......N9 and Lumia800 have same camera and it is actually pretty descent enough for daily usage though not better than N8
Lumia800 runs wp os and it has very good social network integration built in.....performance wise speaking Lumia 800 is the fastest compared to N8 and N9
check this comparison video of N9 and Lumia800
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dJDkXyABEZg
and check out comparison of N8,N9 and Lumia800 in terms of specs
http://www.developer.nokia.com/Devices/Device_specifications/Comparison.xhtml?dev=Lumia_800,N9,N8-00
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

I live in hope and not going to write Meego off just yet. Someone somewhere might be listening and if they are, should know they are on to a good thing and keep it going. 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Tahvo

N8 best camera. N9 Unigue Os. Lumia whell...if you like the Wp7 os
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

I agree with Jezston. Non of those phones appeal to me and nothing else in Nokia's portfolia interest me either.
I'm actually bored with my N8 so I couldn't recommend it to anyone. And, choosing a phone just for it's camera is a big mistake when the phone is lacking in most other departments by todays standards.

Ray.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

There may be so many YESs and NOs for each of the devices in subjest.. thats why its best to decide on your own ..It also depends on ones needs, budget, etc.... On this forum, in MOST of the cases ( not always..) you will see the problems related to the devices... You may get better reviews on the GSMArena site if you really want to refer..

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
wateratz

Given that most people normally only have a phone for approximately three years or so, then it does not matter about if the life of the OS goes beyond that. Nokia have committed to providing support for Symbian till at least 2016, and Meego I understand is the same. I do not think the N9 is going to be the only Meego phone from Nokia, as they appear to be using a three pronged attack into various markets, and that is smart.

If you want a reasonably well featured phone with a really good camera, then go the N8 with Symbian Belle.

If you want a smart and slick phone, NFC, less apps, and a lesser camera, but still adequate, then the N9. A few really good apps beats millions where it's difficult to separate the good from not so good.

If you want the Windows platform and a buy-in to that eco system, a camera of the same spec is the N9, but Bluetooth that's more like the limited iPhone Bluetootf, then the Lumia.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
isader

I'm actually bored with my N8 so I couldn't recommend it to anyone. 

Please use plain text.
Proff_temmy

Why can't app on n9 reliable according to ur post....does lumia 800 has more app..
Please use plain text.
Proff_temmy

@Cjlim...whatz d name and model of fone u are currently using...or any body that know d full details of n9 and lumia 800 should plz tell me..i.e1)Battery life 2)Applicationz and lot more...
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

Proff_temmy wrote:
@Cjlim...whatz d name and model of fone u are currently using...or any body that know d full details of n9 and lumia 800 should plz tell me..i.e1)Battery life 2)Applicationz and lot more...

Visit the following website for a side by side comparison

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=3398&idPhone2=4240

Ray 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

..so finally it has come down to my very first post..Refer the link I pasted..

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

Sorry Farby, didn't mean to hijack what you'd posted, I was just reiterating your point.

All the best.

Ray 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

No.. In fact I did not want to point this to you but to the OP Proff_temmy . Think he never bothered to read that post of mine.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

I was thinking the same thing. That's why I reposted the link. To be honest though, I think he wants  somebody to tell him what phone to get rather than make that decision himself (in which case he's better suited to get a fruity phone :smileywink:).

Cheers

Ray. 

Please use plain text.
Sage
mikwag

There is plenty of information available for you (some already pointed to in this thread) to look at the specs of each of these phones and make a decision based on what is important to you.

if it were me, I would buy none of them.  I would wait until Nokia had had time to produce a REAL windows phone with superior features to the Lumia. Whilst the Lumia was a major achievement in such a short time, and is certainly a good enough phone to get very positive reviews, it is a phone they HAD to get out quick to support their falling sales.  The next Nokia/Windows phone, or the one after, will be the real fruity-phone competitors, and we all know that Nokia can produce killer hardware.  Watch this space and be patient - all will be revealed.

But then again, I intend hanging on to my N8 for at least another 6-12 months. 

My current phone - Samsung Galaxy Note
Please use plain text.
Sage

[ Edited ]

I've compared some features between the N8/C7, N9 and lumia 800 acording to my needs.

The info is gathered together from various websites including dedicated N9-forums (which I gratefully thank for their info and help).

/t5/Nseries-and-Symbian-Smartphones/Comparison-between-different-Nokia-smartphones-depending-on-my/t...

The info that I have is not conclusive for me either. I definitly DON'T want a Windows Phone device. I've had numerous Windows Mobile devices in the past (which was much more technically advanced than this Windows Phone monstrosity) with which I didn't have much problems appart from the every day reboot.

I love my current C7-00. So I can't understand why ppl get 'bored' with their N8. They probably only want to be 'popular' and always need to have the latest and (suposedly) the greatest (and since Nokia isn't popular anymore for certain ppl...)

My C7-00 does everything I need. It has great navigation, can record calls, can play divx-movies with subtitles, has FM transmitter and thus can play movie-sound through car-stereo :-) , can completely sync over USB-cable with outlook (even birthdays, repeating alarms, contact-categories/groups etc...). And most important games are also available for Symbian so what's the big deal anyway?

There is this saying: The grass is allways greener on the other side.

Please use plain text.