Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N80 - Ovi Store Compatability

L33TUC

N80 - Ovi Store Compatability

Hi all,

I recently dug out my old N80 to pass on to my Dad as an "upgrade", the N80 has been lying in the bottom of a drawer for years ( N95... N97... N8... ).

The phone still works perfectly, and I've updated it to the latest sw v5.0719.0.2.

The software update removed "Catalogs" and replaced it with "Download!".

I ran "Download!"  and it said "OVI Store is now available, update now" (or thereabouts).

So I did that, it installed OVI Store v1.00, but when I run it it just opens the standard browser, and displays a page which says "We're sorry... Nokia Store is currently not available for your device...".

Is there a solution? Or is ovi/nokia store just not available?

Having googled it, there are versions of ovi store available for s60v3 FP1/2, but I can't find anything for s60v3.

Can anyone offer some advice?

Cheers in advance!

Lee.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: N80 - Ovi Store Compatability

It seems it is NOT available ..

But you may log-in here ..select your device, select an application and select 'Send Free SMS' to your no. When the link is received download the application ...You may also try the 'Download via PC' option by connecting the phone to PC and let Nokia Suite run in the background ...

Please use plain text.