Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N80 WLAN

Advisor

N80 WLAN

hi

I have have DSL running at home on a wireless router. This means I can pick up my home network on my N80. but here is the problem. I'm living with 3 house mates and we all have separate dsl accounts running through our one wifi router. So what essentially happens is that we dial up to the router with our separate accounts. It is a secure netowrk. Which fine the phone does allow secure networks to be setup and so, i can pick up the WLAN on my phone. But because the username and password does not sit on the router but rather on our laptops, I can't access the internet over the wifi.

How we run our DSL account is by using PPPOE (point to point protocol over ethernet)

My question is: does anyone know how to setup my username and password on the N80 once i've connected with the WLAN??

Anyone got any ideas??
Please use plain text.
Sage

Re: N80 WLAN

I don't know a lot about WLAN, but if you change network mode to infrastructure and security mode to 802.1x and go into WLAN security settings and change it to EAP, you can then get a long list of things you can change in EAP plug-in settings below.

Here you can add usernames and passwords...

Give it a bash, yeah? Like I said, I don't know a lot about WLAN. :smileytongue:
Nokia N80 - v4.0623.0.41
Please use plain text.
Advisor
shkaff

Hi

Have you managed to resolve the situation? I bought the phone today and face the same situation.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

hi

till date, i have not been able to solve this problem.
Please use plain text.