Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N80 on Voda: Unlock - "Not Allowed"??????

Sage

N80 on Voda: Unlock - "Not Allowed"??????

I've got a Nokia N80 and it's locked to Voda. i got the unlock code from Voda. I tried unlocking it once WITHOUT SIMCARD: 'Code Error'. Maybe I typed code wrong so I tried it again, same again; 'Code Error'. So rang Voda up, put me through to technical support asked the woman how do I put in the unlock code?? She told me PUT ANOTHER OPERATORS simcard in and then type the unlock code. So I did. Same again 'Code Error'.

Now I'm really pi**ed off. Usually you get 5 tries with Nokia phones before the phone is permenantley locked and can only be unlocked via nokia. So i've still got 2 left. BUT ON THE LETTER IT SAYS AFTER 2 TRIES DON'T ENTER THE UNLOCK CODE THREE TIMES AS YOU CAN PERMENANTLEY LOCK YOUR PHONE - I didn't know this at the time and neither did VODA tell me.

I rang the guy I bought the phone off (who has been very very helpful with the unlocking) and he read out the unlock code letter and it says 'with the simcard inserted type in the unlock code'. So I aksed which simcard? The original simcard? or any voda simcard? Turns out any simcard?

So I put a voda simcard inside and typed the unlock code and I get the error message 'Not Allowed'.

Now can anybody tell me what 'not allowed' means? Does it mean that the ORINGINAL SIMCARD NEEDS to be inserted and the current voda simcard is not allowed to unlock? Or that the phone has been permenantley locked?

(If it's permenantley locked normally it says ' Cannot undo simcard restrcition'???? Is this correct or has Nokia changed it?)

Can anyboady help me put here???? Karim whats your experience with this????
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
richcowell

Re: N80 on Voda: Unlock - "Not Allowed"??????

[ Edited ]
Have you tried speaking to Nokia about it? Not on this forum, but by calling them?

Click the Contact Us link above and get in touch... or try a Nokia Service Centre

Message Edited by richcowell on 11-Jun-2006
08:32 PM

Nokia History: 3110, 5110, 7110, 7110, 3510i, 6210, 6310i, 5210, 6100, 6610, 7250, 7250i, 6650, 6230, 6230i, 6260, N70, N70, 5300, N95, N95, E71, E72
Android History: HTC Desire, SE Xperia Arc, HTC Sensation, Sensation XE, One X+, Google Nexus 5
Please use plain text.
Sage

I rang Nokia helpline today and they said (quoting) 'they haven't a clue'. so much for support huh.

Has anyone else got this message?

What about you Karim? Got anything on this?
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)

Hi Rash,

unfortunately I dont have anything further to add. When the operator, in your case Vodafone, gives you the unlock codes they also give strict instructions on how to use them.

With the sort of problems you are having, I would strongly advise getting back in contact with Vodafone - our support people wont really be that much help to you in this instance other than explaining how to get the various characters up on the screen. With errors like this, the codes issuer (vodaphone) are possibly the best people for this.

Cheers
-
Karim
Please use plain text.
Sage

I've just give a quick search on the internet and it turns on on N serires phone/smartphones it says 'NOT ALLOWED' which means you must not use a cable to unlock it. Codes will no longer work.

On Normal phone it says 'Cannot Undo Simcard Restriction'.

KARIM please please make a HUGE STICKY out of this.

To unlock these smartphone you must insert the service providers simcard whic it it locked to.
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)

Ok Rash, but your post isnt very clear - what exactly would you like me to make into a sticky?
Please use plain text.