Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N800 Novice "Network connection problem"

Registered Member

N800 Novice "Network connection problem"

Probably the worst possible issue, a WLAN novice and an N800, but that's the situation here. I'm attempting to use local free public net sites with decent signal strength. I select the site, hit 'connect', and get a message indicating I'm connected. The tablet then switches to the browser mode, all okay so far.

However... when I then enter a URL I get an error message reading "network connection problem" followed by a long string of data. Does this sound familiar to anyone? If so, where would you think I should start the process of running the problem down? Any info that would help me transcend the fog of initial ignorance would be greatly appreciated.
Please use plain text.

Re: N800 Novice "Network connection problem"

Please search the discussions for "N800 network connection problem" to see my reply to a related post.

Once in a while I get into the problem you're describing, but most of the time I get useful browsing done. However, I've come to expect the dreaded "Network connection problem" after a while. It appears to be triggered by a period of inactivity (the code that blanks the screen perhaps?).

Try my workaround: select "Change connection", and then just select the connection you already are on. The software will disconenct and then reconnect to the same wireless network, and then you should be able to browse properly. Have you tried the pre-define websites right after connecting, just to see whether you're having the same network problem?

If this persists, try rebooting (i.e. shut your N800 down, then turn it on again) and reconnect.

Good luck, until someone finds the proper cause and fixes it!
Please use plain text.