Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

N81 8GB backup fails

gs111
Accepted Solution

N81 8GB backup fails

I would very much appreciate anybody's help / feedback in resolving the following issue: I try to backup my N81 8GB using Nokia Suite 3.7.22 (though the problem had already started with previous versions of Nokia Suite), but at the very last stage I get a message "Something's gone wrong" etc (see attachment). I tried re-installing Nokia Suite and the phone's software but the problem persists... I can perform a backup to the phone's internal memory card, but I cannot save the backup file on my PC (in case something wrong with the phone - I cannot locate the backup file on the memory card).

Any ideas? thanks in advance!

Professor

Re: N81 8GB backup fails

Try to limit your backup, to certain aspects of the phone, and see from what point the backup starts to fail.
This happens sometimes due to a corrupt record in your calendar or in a user file, this way you can see where the problem is, and solve it in another way (in case of calendar for instance, use synchronisation instead of backup)

gs111

Re: N81 8GB backup fails

Os2lover,

thank you very much for your feedback, tthis was a brilliant idea! The problem seems to be if I choose "Phone settings and applications" - if I exclude that, the backup is completed...

Any ideas what I should change / correct on the phone?

Thanks again!