Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

N81 non-8Gb PROblem HELP PLS

N81 non-8Gb PROblem HELP PLS

i am using N81 with only 25 MB internal memory...
i got this problem when i wan to synchronize my phone it says PHONE MEMORY FULL!!
When i wan to message out it SAYS MEMORY LOW CLOSE SOME APPLICATIONS!!
When i receive msg i cant even open it says memory LOW PLS delete some DATA!!!
i went file manager n deleted all the things in my phone memory in all folders n all is empty BUT THE PROBLEM REMAIN!!!
HELP PLS!!
How to reformat my phone
i TRIED factory settings USELESS!!!
Sage

Re: N81 non-8Gb PROblem HELP PLS

You will want to use Nokia PC Suite and make a backup of your phone contents so they are not lost. Then either do a software update or format by typing in *#7370# and then entering your security code when asked, default code is 12345.
Sage
lauren2008

Or, with the handset off,

hold down the 3, the *, the green call button and the power button all at the same time until it powers up.

Doing this however will lose your data.
Sage

Hi,
If your problem hasn't been solved yet, try to
update your phone software. This might solve
the issue.
Regards.
Fattan
Advisor
doglan81

I have an unbranded unlocked N81 2Gb phone with firmware version 11.0.0.45. I want to upgrade the firmware but the software updater fails everytime to get the update (eventhou I am connected the internet). Anyone knows if there's a manual upgrade possible? (Maybe downloading the firmware from internet and then uploading it to the phone). I also get the memory error sometimes (very annoying)
Sage

Hi,
I don't think there is a manual upgrade.
Keep trying to update through the Nokia Software
Updater. You might succeed.
Regards.
Fattan
Sage

Hi,
As stated in my above post, there is no manual
update. But,however,if you contact with
Nokia "Contact us" ,via the link above this page,
you might find a way to update your phone.
Regards.
Fattan
Advisor
doglan81

Thnx guys, finally the phone's firmware was updated with 20.0.056. I see that there is some transition effect, but the phone seems to be working a bit slower than before. Also the "0" key, which was the shortcut key for internet browser doesn't work now. Is this a common thing?
Sage

[ Edited ]
Hi,
Congratulation.
But,the "0" key should works as a shortcut for the
internet. Turn your phone off and then on again,
this might solve the issue.
Regards.
Fattan

Message Edited by fattan on 08-Sep-2008 04:20 PM
Advisor
doglan81

Nope, nothing happens. I just get the main sreen again. I have restarted a few times already but it stays the same. Also is there a way to see which programs are running in the background and to kill some (like the windows task manager)? I was just installing a theme and while some of the dialog screens were presented I accedently pressed on the menu's tab. So the dialogscreen dissappears and I can't start over with the installation (if I don't restart the phone). Is there a small app that can be used for this?
Sage

Hi,
To see a list of the programs that are running in
the backgroung: Long press the Menu button.
Regards.
Fattan
Advisor
doglan81

Hi, my phone hangs a lot since I upgraded the firmware. Anyone know what might be wrong? Also as I said in a previous post, the "0" shortcut key for internet browser does not work anymore since the upgrade. Any suggestions?
Advisor
doglan81

I did install a lot of games, but then again that shouldn't be the problem. It's MADE for gaming.