Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N82 - Flash Light Keep on flashing

N82 - Flash Light Keep on flashing

Hi all,

Need help here, i got a N82, used almost a year, the this is my flash light keep on flashing even if it off, one more thing the red light at the flash always on. It only will go off if when my battery completely dry out or if i take out the battery. I already reset the phone by pressing *#7370# but the light is still there. Is it hardware mulfunction? If i want to repair the phone what is the estimated cost? 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

Re: N82 - Flash Light Keep on flashing

it sounds like it might be a hardware malfunction, it is difficult to say what is wrong and how much it would cost, your best bet is to go to nokia care point and have them look at your device. 
You know what I love about you the most, the fact that you are not me ! In love with technology and all that it can offer. Join me in discovery....
Please use plain text.
Sage
blackpearl

Do you mean that your XENON flash remains on all time?
You can mark my posts as useful post by giving me kudos..
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

If the red light is always on and your xenon flash is blinking then it is either the result of moisture (water/sweat/steam) damage or a hardware failure.

You should get it checked out at a nokia care point.

Care points/service centres and repair info:

UKEuropeAsia-PacificUSA
CanadaMiddle East and Africa

Elsewhere: Click here, select your country, go to the support section, then select repair.

Please use plain text.

yup.. the red light is always on. mmm so i dont have a choice.. need to take it to the nokia care point. Thanks all for the help.

Please use plain text.

Hi. My Nokia got the same trouble a month ago. It's also almost a year old, and all black.

My Noia N82 started giving flash without camera on. Then the red light turned on at all time. Even when it is turned off.

The only way to turn off the red light is to take out the battery.

Is it a virus, or a hardware failfunction???

Can anyone help me?? 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

The answer was given further up this thread.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.