Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

N82 camera problem.

Professor
blueheartz

N82 camera problem.

Hi there! It was a problem since many days but i ignored it. But now whenever i open the lens cover of the camera, it doesn't open the camera instead i've to press the lens cover hard down to activate my camera. Also there is a gap down highlighted with circle and the black lens cover is slightly coming in front of camera again highlighted by an arrow

Whats the problem in it?

Thankyou.

Please thank me by giving 'KUDOS' star. It will help me to serve you better.
Currently using N82 and 5230. Next would be N?
Please use plain text.
Professor
blueheartz

my problem?Re: N82 camera problem.

Anybody there to solve my problem?:smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

Re: my problem?Re: N82 camera problem.

Well, it looks like the lencecover and the mechanisme which belongs to it are damaged in some way. - You will have to take it to a Nokia care point to get this sorted.
Unlimited Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire
Please use plain text.
Professor
blueheartz

[ Edited ]

Ok, thankyou cery much.

But the services of the nearest nokia care isn't good at all (For lock code restting they took about 6 days to sort out). They would ask me to change the body for such a small reason. And again would take many days to sort out.

Well but everything is fine but only it seems to work with some more pressure to the shutter.
What may be the cause of the defective mechanism? I hadn't opened my mobile to any local vendor and also in the nokia care.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

Well, that is impossible for me to say but if you have dropped it on the floor or something it could be that... - Or it could be wear and tear...

It's also possible that you got a phone with a defect from the start, - some weak point that will break sooner or later...
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

If youre still within warranty, and you have not caused the issue - I would bother to send it away for repair, but if it ain't bothering you you might as well live with it.

There's nothing more we can do here as any attempt to open your device will be against the forum rules.
Please use plain text.
Professor
blueheartz

Well your reply much appreciated. I think i have dropped my phone atleast 10 times. Maybe that has caused the problem. And i didn't get a defective one for sure, cause two years back it was fine.

I would check out with nokia care if they can do any thing. I have one black casing of N82 but the nokia care is saying that it isn't an original one. So they aren't fixing it for me.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

[ Edited ]

No problem! Thanks for the appreciation.

I remember I borrowed the n82 from a friend before buying my n95 8gb i had a while ago. I recall it was a verry good device, and i found the gps in it to be somewhat faster then the n95. The only thing that made me go for the n95 over the n82 was the sliding mechanisme (lol). You should get it repaired! - I sort of regret that i gave away my n95. Good phones with badass cameras (for a mobilephone)

Good luck!

Please use plain text.
Professor
blueheartz

Yeah, i love my N82 so much that i don't wanna sell it so using it since two years. I think i'll get it repaired asap.
Thanks chum again.

Please use plain text.