Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N85 connected in a non-compatible USB mode FRU...

Registered Member
Accepted Solution

N85 connected in a non-compatible USB mode FRUSTRATIONS!

I just bought a N85 and am trying to use Nokia PC Suite and Software Updater however it tells me my phone is on file transfer mode and to switch it to PC Suite mode, which I assure every time it is on. I've tried just in case all the other modes but I always get the same error.

Can anyone help?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Re: N85 connected in a non-compatible USB mode FRUSTRATIONS!

another alternative is to update your firmware via Firmware Over The Air (FOTA). in the standby screen, type *#0000# and select Options > Check for updates. a firmware update may be available via this method, if not you may have to resort back to the PC method using NSU. 

If you found this or someone's comments helpful or like what that person has to say, please give some Kudos to their post!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Solved it.

Thank you for your advice, it unfortunately didn't work however it's good to know that for the future.

I ended up manually downloading the driver software for the cable from the nokia website http://europe.nokia.com/get-support-and-software/download-software/cable-drivers , started the instalation and removed (option to repair or remove) the previously installed driver. I disconnected the cable from the computer and reinstalled it. I think it may have corrupted because the first time I had the cable connected to the computer when I installed the driver. 

Hope this solves some other peoples frustrations!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
davidhami

Good but I think the problem is with the pc. I had the problem with my N97 mini caused by installing the latest version of Real Player.
The installation gives RP precedence over all other media transfer options such as Media Player and/or Windows Explorer and confuses the software e.g. you do not now see the 'mass storage' from the phone appear but what you should get in your 'my computer' is new ' removable discs' which you need to open obviously. To get back to the original settings you can reset the pc to an earlier condition or simply uninstall the new software i.e. Real Player'
Please use plain text.
justlove2lives

yes check ur pc drivers and then post the result
Please use plain text.