Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N85 problems

Ex-Moderator (Retired)
concordia

Hi,

Please keep your discussion on topic. Refrain from making any further off-topic and personal remarks. Any further attempts to address any off-topic remarks in this thread will result in post removal.

Remember to treat others with the same respect and civility that you would expect to be treated.

Regards,
Concordia

~*~ New to Nokia Support Discussions? ~*~

You may want to have a look at the guidelines!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
sapporobaby

19-Nov-2008 06:23 AM
moee wrote:
Hey "saporro.." I mean ZERO.
Post something according to the subject at hand or scoot over somewhere else. This is a "Forum Nokia". Not "forum zero".

Excuse me everybody, I'm going off course on the subject here.

Still @ that 0 here..
Here, everybody has the right to say whatever they please as long as they.. Why should I tell you. You agreed when you signed up here.
I may even have a bigger "right" to be here more than you.
Look up this number. 2000524382. It's my "club nokia" member's number. I'm not losing all those numbers for a zero!
I'm not gonna insult you or even try to in nice thick to swallow words for you.
Just be a good boy or girl and try to stick to the subjects you enter to post in and don't go around in this forum telling people what to do. Just be polite and tell them to re-read the regulations of this forum and tell them please, like a good boy/girl and believe me. You'll get what you sought after right there and then. Have a good day/night "saporrobaby"
Peace out "Forum Nokia".

p.s. Nokia, excuse me on my previous post. I listened to that private message from that mod. It was "off topic".
L8R 4 now.

Message Edited by moee on 19-Nov-2008 08:29 AM

Zzzzzzzzzzz.......... Nothing of importance in this post for sure.....

Show the KUDOS button some love.... Hit that bad boy.... It don't hurt....

Apple iPhone 5,
Retina MacBook Pro, iPad Mini, Nikon D4

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
sapporobaby

[ Edited ]
@moee,

The very last thing you are in a position to do is to lecture anyone about the way to behave. No one in this forum initially decried your right to express an opinion about your displeasure with your N85. There a few others here that are having similar problems, with me being one of them. However, unlike many here you whine over and over about the same thing. We get it. You are not happy, we are unhappy. You have made that clear, time, and time again ad nausea. If you are this big Nokia fan as you say, then chances are that you know that Nokia will deliver an update that will most likely fix the problems plaguing everyone. However, continuing to post over and over and over about your displeasure moves from information dissemination, into troll territory and this is something that the other members and I do not have to tolerate. If you are unhappy, hit the Contact Us button at the top, fill in the blanks and let Nokia have an ear full. I did. I let them know, that they need to fix certain issues (many to most of the ones you also outlined) in many of your posts. This is your right, but your constant complaining infringes on my right, and that of others to come to this forum and to try and glean information about product specific issues that we are having. Have you noticed that none of the higher ranking individuals have even bothered to look at your posts? This should tell you something. If you want to be taken seriously, you have try acting as such.

Message Edited by sapporobaby on 19-Nov-2008 08:28 AM

Apple iPhone 5,

Please use plain text.
Contributor
onutz

[ Edited ]
Maybe everybody could be a bit happy if the Nokia guys who read this forum at least acknowledge they've read it... We are filling this server with complaints but ain't got any feed back of any kind. More on that, I also wrote to Nokia (N-Gage, Calendar, SIP stack, Contacts syncing related issues and so on) about 4-5 months ago, never got an answer on either of them. So "contact us" is not an option, forget about it.

A forum seemed more attractive in the light of public and common issuing. But I was mistaking. Apart from some angry tones that are scratching some mods' / gurus' ears, nothing seems to be read. The mods of this forum are not listening.

Here is why:
The new released Friends View - new blog and Maps related Nokia Beta Labs app has a built in feedback link. I used it for several times. The project manager for this beta app comes from blogging area and surely knows how to take feedback; that's why the guys working on this project sent me an (automated) email, telling they received my feedback and they are thankful. That's all.

That's why I am saying this forum's users are not treated well. Because some other Nokia guys are treating well their beta customers.

A Nokia N85 piece of hardware is far from a beta testing device. It is the final piece you payed lots of money for, and somebody angry with some basic N85 issues should mean much much more than a beta testing user of "Frieds View".

Moderator's note:
Information of personal character removed.

Message Edited by gcpropulser on 19-Nov-2008 10:40 AM
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

first of all if Nokia did not read this and did not care about customer then such a forum sponsored by Nokia would have never existed...they do care but it takes time to address certain issue and collect all feedback from users around the world and put it all in a little neat firmware upgrade package...NSU does not recognize n85 yet because it is a brand new phone, the moment the first firmware upgrade becomes available it will kick in and begin to recognize both the n85 and n79 as both are the newest addition to the n series...patience is the best approach right now...if the product really is not what you were looking for you can always return it, exchange it, wait for newer versions with more stable os, tho I believe that n85 at first release is surprisingly stable and reliable it actually impressed me how rocking it is....and you can always go to another maker but guess what...really there is hardly anything out there that even compares to nokia hardware/os and flexibility if you find a phone like that let me know I would be curious to see what it is but for now...at least try to be productive in your frustrations
You know what I love about you the most, the fact that you are not me ! In love with technology and all that it can offer. Join me in discovery....
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
mcgon1979

23-Oct-2008 08:07 AM
chinamantt wrote:
a question off topic.. i saw some sample pictures of the n82 and the dual led flash is underpowered. is it possible to get a few night snapshots by some n85 users

Dual flash on N82? I think your mistaken. mine has xenon flash and is certainly not underpowered.
5110, 3210, 3220, 8210, 8850, 7210, 6230i, N73, N95 8gb, E51, N82
Please use plain text.
Contributor
onutz

[ Edited ]
Well, don't get me wrong: the idea of N85 is fine and I know this is a new phone that needs some...make-up. But guess what, never had more problems with any other new Nokia phone I had, starting with 3650! Returning it is not an option, neither for me or for Nokia. Addressing the issues is. But how does Nokia collect feedback from user or how can I get into this...small user group? If there is a solution, I'll gladly sign it up and never write a bad word on N85 in this forum, believe me!

Message Edited by onutz on 19-Nov-2008 12:15 PM
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
sapporobaby

Did you own an N95 or E90? I do not think so. If you had, you would easily notice that they had twice as many problems as the N85.

Apple iPhone 5,

Please use plain text.
Contributor
onutz

You think wrong.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
sapporobaby

I think wrong? Should I take your word for this. By all means prove me wrong.

Apple iPhone 5,

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

again I hear your frustration and dissatisfaction with the product, what are you going to do about it, this is just a forum, what decision will you make to make it good for yourself? You will not find the solution you are looking for in here, we share, we problem solve but we are also realistic in what we take away from this forum and that is confirmation that others too experience similar problems, that we are on the same boat and need to wait for the next firmware release...but we do not come here excpecting miracles when it comes to our handsets...we learn and share and try to make sense of what it is that is being said and not just sit and complain about the issue
You know what I love about you the most, the fact that you are not me ! In love with technology and all that it can offer. Join me in discovery....
Please use plain text.
Contributor
onutz

"Nokia Support Discussions" is the name of this forum. What, namely, was supported in this thread, since it was started? It's a complete waste of time; I don't need to cry on anybody's shoulder. What I need is to write on a forum where people actively read and / or reply to issues. This is not it. "All About Symbian" is. Have a nice day.

Regards
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

i am glad that you found a place where you feel warmer received...just dont forget that here too one day you might find the answers that you are looking for
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
sapporobaby

19-Nov-2008 07:40 PM
onutz wrote:
"Nokia Support Discussions" is the name of this forum. What, namely, was supported in this thread, since it was started? It's a complete waste of time; I don't need to cry on anybody's shoulder. What I need is to write on a forum where people actively read and / or reply to issues. This is not it. "All About Symbian" is. Have a nice day.

Regards

Well that really taught me a lesson.

Apple iPhone 5,

Please use plain text.
Advisor

[ Edited ]
Back in topic, I've got a big hardware problem.
The function keyboard (the one with function buttons, menu and c button) starts to unglue in the bottom part. I can now see some rays coming out from the bottom side even after when I try to hold the keyboard down. I can also lift it using a nail and see the glue yarn inside.
I can't believe a 500€ phone is held togheter using glue.
I should be reimbursed.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Message Edited by micdabe on 20-Nov-2008 02:57 PM
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
sapporobaby

Run, do not walk there. Make them give you a new phone or replace the entire assembly. Talk to the owner or a boss. A regular customer rep can not do much.

Apple iPhone 5,

Please use plain text.
Contributor

I have the following problems:

1. bluetooth disconecting
2. distortion through the earpiece.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

that hopefully will be adressed in the firmware update, i have issues with the bluetooth as well rather frustrating
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
moee

[ Edited ]
Hey guys.. it's me again.
1st.. Sorry "saporrobaby".
I'm stopping there.

Ok.. I just want you guys' opinion. I have my own, because I am just convinced that way, so do excuse me on that please.
Does it make a quality difference whether my85 is chinese made? I talked to a friend in England (Finnish made) and he says it's FFFFin PERFECT! I'm like, we only have chinese here in Dubai. I have a few friends around the Gulf area here(chinese) and they are complaining. Even Egypt and Jordan (Chinese). All chinese made with problems. Be it hardware or crunky software issuse never faced on an Nseries. So out of I don't what. Two of my cousins in Texas and a sister in law in Arizona have them (Finnish) and they say they $%^(in perfect too..!
What's the dealy yo?!
I stayed quiet here a while until I proved whatever it may be to myself, that Finnish phones like this made outside their home country are not really worth it, maybe. And.. I offended somebody here I believe. That, I apologize for and to.
Anyway.. Just my question here.. Finnish phones made in China.. Good, bad??
Peace
Tim aka Sal aka Moee

Message Edited by moee on 26-Nov-2008 07:44 PM
Does Nokia have product Beta-Testing nowadays?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

well...truly it's not where the phone is made but HOW it is made, so in short no it should not matter. my phone is made in china probably too, the one phone that has given me the most trouble was a phone made in finland...so really its the HOW not the WHERE that we should be concerned with.
Please use plain text.