Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

N86 8MP Windows 7 64 bit drivers fail to install

Contributor
norwins

N86 8MP Windows 7 64 bit drivers fail to install

I have installed Nokia Suite twice (after first uninstalling it and removing all the drivers) and Nokia software update once, but neither product can see the phone connected by the USB cable. Windows is able to load some of the drivers, but depending on the time 3 or 4 of the 7 or 8 items windows tries to install fail. ie Nokia N86 USB LCIF fails, Nokia N86 USB Generic fails. Device manager has a flag on all phone related items, except for Nokia N86 USB Phone Parent. During the software installs the software sees a phone and asks for it to be removed before continuing with the install, which I comply with. So the software at least partially sees it. The phone is connected by the Nokia supplied cable directly to the motherboard in PC mode and this is a fresh (1 week old) install of Win 7 64. Any suggestions? Thanks, John
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

Re: N86 8MP Windows 7 64 bit drivers fail to install

I have windows 7 64 bit and have no problem with either pc suite or NSU (I use nsu from betalabs).

Unlimited Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

Try to clean your pc totally from nokia software, reboot your pc.

Make sure you have the latest updates in Windows. Install Pc suite (without having your device connected. after installing - reboot your pc. Do not load pc suite, but connect phone to usb and see if windows finds the device and does some driverinstalls. Let windows do its thing before you open pc suite. Try now...

Contributor
norwins

Thanks for the quick response. Followed the noted sequence after uninstalling the software, and then hooked up the phone in PC mode. Before booting PC Suite, I checked Device Manager, and no flags. Looks good, but then I boot PC Suite and no luck, it still cannot connect to the phone. Interestingly, after I close the Nokia software, Device Manager has now flagged all but the USB phone parent as noted above. Also, if I go into mass storage mode, no problem, I can see all the files and folders fine. Next steps? Thanks
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

hmmm... You have tried both Pc suite 7.1 and ovi suite 2.1?

Mobile Sensei
Fender77

I am going to look around a little, to see if I can find anything. Meanwhile you could reboot pc and try another usb port.

Mobile Sensei
Fender77

reboot your phone too.

Contributor
norwins

Having not used the software, I'm not sure I understand the need for the OVI software, but just installed it now with the same effect. Device manger shows all the phone components fine until the software boots then device manager flags them as unable to start. The software is all the current versions downloaded today. Thanks
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

[ Edited ]

Sorry, this was just a shot in the dark. I was lucky and everything worked for my w7 64 bit. Migh uninstall ovi suite as there has been some issues with those two on one computer.

You can read this thread and see if we missed a spot. At leas it seems fine until you connect your device. /t5/Connectivity/5800-USB-connection-problems/m-p/602548

I cannot help you any further, and since this did not work, I would contact Nokia using the "contact us" link on the page. Please post if you find a solution.

this is also a shot in the dark, but you could try to set compatiblity mode as vista...

Good luck. Hope somebody can help you.

Registered Member
badjee

I intall PC Suite and software update

also have ovi pc Suite

but all cannot connet the mobile 

only mobile connect in storage mode and media tranfer mode cannot in PC suite mode

not connectiing