Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N86 8MP

Advisor
Accepted Solution

N86 8MP

First time poster, Hello all.

I have just got the N86 8MP phone and need to clear up a few things in my head.

1st why cant I store music files in E: Mass Memory as I have 6GB free

2nd is E: Mass Memory storage inbuilt on phone or is it on the internet.

Cheers for any info or other good tips for this phone.

Ballochboy.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Re: N86 8MP

ok the mass memory is the phone its 8gb you cant store anywhere else as there is not sd card with the phone you need to insert an sd card i dont think they come with one ,i never got on with mine when you have the card installed you will be asked then to store on card or mass memory

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Yes but why does the phone say memory full when I'm trying to put on mp3 music

files when it has 6+GB of empty space ?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
deepestblue

It says your RAM is full. Sometimes open applications clog your RAM and not much would be available for transferring files. See if you have open applications. Close all unnecessary ones. If that doesn't help, restart the phone. Next step, turn off the phone, leave the battery out for 5-10min and then put it back and turn on the phone.
Cheers,
DeepestBlue

5800 XpressMusic (Rock Stable) | N73 Music Edition (Never Say Die) | 1108 (Old and faithful)

If you find any post useful, click on the Green "Kudos" Button on the left to say Thank You...
Please use plain text.
Advisor

What i'm trying to say is that the phone has both phone memory which is 78 MB and mass memory which is 7.49 GB. when uploading MP3 files to the phone it will not give me the option of where I want to store it. So it goes to the phone memory which soon fills up.

Having the capability of mass memory you would think you could relocate it to free up the phone memory?

Doing my nut in as with xmas being so close and 101 gifts still to buy I can't afford to buy a micro SD card.

Booooo.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

How are you uploading the files? if its via bluetooth, the files will be sent to message inbox memory which is set to phone memory by default, you'll have to set it to mass memory, but still you'll have to manually save each song still (unless done through ovi i guess. Never tried it that way). In order to save your mp3 into your phone's mass memory the easy way, when you connect your phone to your PC select Mass Memory mode and then the mass memory would appear like a flash drive in the my computer browser. Just tread it like you would a thumb drive.
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

I'm doing it via Pc to my old phone, then bluetooth to new phone. I have tried to do it via OVI but it just seems to lock-up, this is what I do. I click the pink music tab, then select the music file I want to transfer, then the ovi softwear locks-up. Looked at the softwear in pc task manager and it was reading it as running and not, not reponding?

Anyway back to mass memory how would I set up the mass memory as the default ?

Will try to move things manualy did notice it when I connected it to pc, but as I never knew exactly where to drop the files into. I left it alone.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
deepestblue

Connect your phone to the PC is Mass Storage mode, your mass memory will show up as a removable drive. Now simply copy the files you want into the mass memory. When you're done, refresh your music library. Simple.

I find this method to transfer files faster than using PC/Ovi suite.

Cheers,
DeepestBlue

5800 XpressMusic (Rock Stable) | N73 Music Edition (Never Say Die) | 1108 (Old and faithful)

If you find any post useful, click on the Green "Kudos" Button on the left to say Thank You...
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

I'd advice you not to set mass memory as default but to set it at ask always. Also as far as I know, thats already default. Whenever you connect the phone to the PC, a prompt will appear asking you which connection method to use.
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.