Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N86 Email Subscription

ard2dabone

N86 Email Subscription

Hi,

I've been using the email application on my N86 for a while now and received a message the other day saying that my free trial has ended.  It asked me to contact Orange on 150 to subscribe to the service.  I contacted Orange and spoke to 3 different people in the call centre, none of which knew anything about it.  I explained to one guy who asked if it was a Push or Pull email, I explained that I have an unlimited internet bundle and didn't see why I had to pay to receive my email.  He explained that their is a charge to have emails pushed to my phone via nokia but free if I set up my phone to pull them.  He said that when setting up the email through the email wizard that I should have options to choose either Nokia email, Nokia message or other, he said the one of the nokia options was for push email and the other was for pull.

So my question is how do I setup my N86 email application to pull my email as can't find it in options or anything on the net about it & couldn't see these options through the email wizard, does anyone know how to achieve setting up the email app as a free pull option?

Cheers

Aaron

Please use plain text.
CrashDummy

Re: N86 Email Subscription

Hi,

I seem to have the same problem though i never received any message stating a subscription is ending.

My N86 has worked fine for the past 2 years with both O2 email and Hotmail, yet as of the 15th, they have stopped working. I have checked the settings online in Nokia email messagiing and on the phone, it all seems ok.

My internet access through Orange 3G and my O2 WiFi are working fine., The phone does its send and receive, connects but gets no emails...

I tried setting up another email through the wizard but this was the same

Searcing the net i cant seem to find a solution, any ideas?

Thanks,

Dave

Please use plain text.