Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N86 update problem

Sage
blackslash

N86 update problem

i tried updating my frens n86 today through ovi suite. after downloading the 147mb firmware the ive got an error msg saying 'internal module error'tried using different pcs witout luck. wat is the solution for this?

Please use plain text.
Professor
kavi6233

Hi, uninstall NSU amd reinstall it, preferably the newer version on the Nokia Website.

Please use plain text.
Sage
blackslash

Ive even tried using NSU. After downloading the firmware it ask me to connect the usb cable directly to the pc when im already connected directly. what is the solution for this problem?

Please use plain text.
Professor
kavi6233

[ Edited ]

Which ports do you use? Front USB or BACK?

Well if this doesn't help

Try this one:

Press window key and 'R' on your key board or go to run and type"regsvr32 C:\WINNT\system32\msxml4.dll"

Accept the prompts.

Please use plain text.
Sage
blackslash

ive tried using both front and rear usb ports. Ive also tried the regsvr command. But still ive get the same problem. Ovi says "internal module error" and NSU says USB not connected directly to the pc.

Please use plain text.
Professor
kavi6233

What version of OVI/NSU are you using?

Are you sure you registered the dll well? You can change WINNT to "windows".

Try downloading the MSMXL package from Microsoft and reinstall it!

Please use plain text.
Sage
blackslash

ive used ovi suite version 2.0.2.42  and NSU 1.80.10. When i try to register it gives me an error message saying "call to DLLregisterserver failed with error code 0x80070005

Please use plain text.
Sage
blackslash

Well finally figured out what the problem was. The mobile phone i tried to update was a prototype.

Please use plain text.
ssyayan

hi, my N86 USB port are broken, I've bring it to nokia service center but they couldn't fix it

now I can not charge the battery, backup data, update firmware

any body can help me to solve it ?

Thanks & Best Regards

blackslash wrote:

Well finally figured out what the problem was. The mobile phone i tried to update was a prototype.

Please use plain text.
Sage
blackslash

well if they refused to fix it for you. Just take it to some other repair place. It can be repaired easily.

Please use plain text.
ssyayan

blackslash wrote:

well if they refused to fix it for you. Just take it to some other repair place. It can be repaired easily.

well if easily,  can i repair it by may self, what should i do and prepare ?

thanks

Please use plain text.
Sage
blackslash

You cant do it by your self mate. You need special tools to fix the connector back. Take it to a repair center.

Please use plain text.