Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N95-1 too very small speed copy files to phone

Counsellor
leonfreeman

N95-1 too very small speed copy files to phone

Hi all!

Nokia N95-1 (RM-159) firmaware 30.0.015

Memory card Transcend 8G.

Then y insert Memory Card in USB-SDCard adapter the any files from PC copy to  Memory card with speed ~20MB per second.

But

Then memory card inserted in N95 and connect to PC via USB cable we have next result by file copy speed:

1) The File 445MB copy to phone - 17 minutes ( PC Suite connect mode - speed ~ 450KB/s )

2) The File 770MB copy to phone - 20 minutes ( USB connect mode like flash drive - speed ~ 650KB/s )

Whats so wrong? How speed up? Why so slowly...

May be Nokia release new firmware & release new drivers that speed up?

When i'ts fixed?

Also be cool if you posted what speed rate you see then copy files from PC to you phone via USB cable...

may be in new Nokia smartphone models have greater speed

Nokia! Take a care for me and we real say THANK YOU NOKIA and you can collect a more money :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
friedbrains

dont wait for any update, just use the USB card, that simple...
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

The USB port on the N95 works at 12mbps. With protocol overhead and all sorts of stuff slowing things down, you can not expect to transfer more than about a megabyte per second, and that's if you connect the phone in mass storage mode. Other modes are slower.

No amount of software updating will change this, it's a hardware thing. As already suggested, the solution is to eject the card and put it in a card reader in order to transfer large files.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
leonfreeman

[ Edited ]

Thanks you mens... But this i'am think USB card reader it's last solution, and i'am think that USB phone mode(Mass storage), and PC Suite mode must be include optimization & this is not a problem that speed up!

Also USB 2.0 ( Nokia N95-1 has USB 2.0 ) has next specifications:

• Low-speed, 10—1500 Кбит/c (for interactive devices like a mouse, keybord)
  • Full-speed, 0,5—12 Мбит/с (audio and video devices)
  • Hi-speed, 25—480 Мбит/с (video devices, mass storage devices)
  • ( use wikipedia... )

And no one transfer logic can't so big delays...!

May be Nokia must resolve this is problems... Other devices (PD & Smartphones - like HP, HTC) nos not have so lowly speed  like Nokia... And this situation very confuse me because i'am love Nokia smartphones, like spoon of sh... in the barrel of honey...

I'am think this is problem with file system driver in Nokia Symbian devices or Symbian OS file system driver because the all Symbian OS Nokia devices has this slowly speed then work with files... Try copy files from memory card to internal card or from internal to memory card, try read from any memory storage read files and calculate read & write speed

Message Edited by leonfreeman on 31-Jan-2009 10:01 PM
    Nokia! Take a care for me and we real say THANK YOU NOKIA and you can collect a more money :smileyhappy:
    Please use plain text.
    Counsellor
    leonfreeman

by mobile-review.com - from N97 review we has next information about file copy speed - ~5MB per second....

Please use plain text.
    Mobile Overlord
    grschinon

The N97 and also S60v3FP2 devices (the N95-1 is a S60v3FP1 device) benefit from faster USB transfer speeds than FP1 devices.

I can confirm that I also get transfer speeds of around 4-5MB/s on my N96.

My N95-1 maxxed out at around 1MB/s.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
    Counsellor
    leonfreeman

Yea... it's as fact that N96 and all FP2 models has file transfer rate ~ 4-5MB per second...

But the N95 and N96 have a USB 2.0 protocol - what the problem - only FP2 program solution? if is it may be Nokia released new firmware with FP2 solution for N95???

:smileysad: - N95 has 3D hardware accelerator... (N96 and other does not have it)

Please use plain text.
    Mobile Overlord
    grschinon

Nokia will not release a FW update for the N95 based on FP2, and the 3D accelerator has nothing to do with USB connectivity.

The fact remains that that's the speed these phones work at. You can take it or leave it.

Please use plain text.