Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N95 8GB Nokia Maps not working

Contributor

N95 8GB Nokia Maps not working

Hi,

I have just a N95 8gb. I have not been able to get nokia maps to work properly. it works up to the point of asking it to navigate somewhere, then when it has acquired a signal from the satellites it closes down.

I have down loaded the latest map software from nokia and upgraded the firmware today.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Toby
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Re: N95 8GB Nokia Maps not working

have you purchased a licence from nokia or using opreator there is a setting in the navigaton folder asking to use network or never use network it would be cheaper buying licence off nokia

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Contributor

licence for what?
Please use plain text.
Sage

If you're having problems with the application closing down, licenses will have nothing to do with this problem. It's going to be more of a matter of either reinstalling the map application and/or making a backup of your content with pc suite and formatting the phone, using *#7370# to get the maps application working properly.

You can then update any licenses you may have and also re update the map application.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

i think i have reformatted the phone today...did a debrand on it, i think that has the same effect. First thing i tried after that was nokia maps, and it crashed as soon as it has acquired a signal, and started to navigate.

What do i need a licence for? i thought it was free?

Cheers

Toby
Please use plain text.
Contributor

update.....

it seems that the update i did for maps did not take.

just reformatted as described in the post above, and then reapplied the update I downloaded and maps looks completely different.

I still don't know if the navigation works because i have to buy a licence. I will buy one and play tomorrow.

Cheers

T
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
patc

If what you're after is routing then it might be cheaper for you to buy a 3rd party app like Route66 - a non-time limited license for the Western Europe edition costs less than a 12 month license for Nokia maps.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Update again.

Brought a 30 day licence for navigation and it worked.

Not impressed though. Satelitte reciever does not give a great signal in the car. kept on swinging around and rotating the map.

Drove to a round about with 3 exits + my entrance, the map was showing to drive off the second exit, the voice told me to take the first exit!

deliberatly went off route and it took 1 mile before deciding to recalculate my route...it suck big time for navigation, especially when you factor in the cost...

Rant over...back to TomTom or Garmin ;-)

Thanks for your assistance by the way
Please use plain text.