Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N95 8GB accelerometer failure/camera not working/i...

SomeDeadGuy

N95 8GB accelerometer failure/camera not working/infinite reboot problem.

My camera had the problem where, after trying to open the app, the screen would change for a second, then drop back to standby screen.
After a while, it resolved itself.

Then the problem returned, and after researching on here, I learnt it was due to the accelerometer. So I thought,  "I'll turn the accelerometer back on, and see what happens" (auto screen rotate).

Bad idea! now my phone has gone into the dreaded infinite boot.
Last time this happened, I had to hard reset to fix the problem. I am NOT willing to do that this time, as I have far too much important data/messages/numbers/notes to lose.

So does anyone know an alternate way of fixing this? Is there a way to boot the phone up with the accelerometer turned off, or some kind of 'safe mode'? Any help much appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Sage
jheel_online

Re: N95 8GB accelerometer failure/camera not working/infinite reboot problem.

i started a thread on this a few days back, which was removed by a moderator half way thru. I guess you cannot complain about nokias in forum-long live democracy :smileyhappy:
Unfortunately, there's NO 'safe mode' or firmware recovery mode like the iPhone in any of the present day nokia devices. If you have a microSD memory card installed, you might try pulling that out and attempt a reboot. You can send your device to nokia care but the techs there would DEFINITELY reset the device.. If you havent taken a backup of the phone on your computer, we're pretty much outa luck. :smileysad:
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Cry, and the world laughs louder :-)
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

Re: N95 8GB accelerometer failure/camera not working/infinite reboot problem.

[ Edited ]

Assuming you can connect the phone to your computer, back up all the phone data, but NOT your settings as these may be causing your problem (phone specific backup) and do another reset, you shouldn't lose anything (you could also sync with Ovi Suite, and your Ovi account OTA to double protect Calendar, Contacts and Notes). Would also suggest using Nokia Software Updater to re-install the latest software. It does involve a lot of work, but should solve your problem and I don't know a simple solution. If it's any consolation I've just had to do another Full reset on my N97 including formatting 32 gig of music, Video and Photo's :smileymad: but the phone is now behaving itself, my N95 8gig has always been very reliable and relatively problem free !

Bite the bullet and Dial *#7370# followed by 12345 and then set up your phone again, it will be worth it !

Good Luck

@jheel_online, there are 1000's of posts criticising Nokia on the forum, it's not what you say, it's the way that you say it :smileywink:

ps the N95 8gig has no sd card just 8gig internal memory FYI

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.