Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N95 Bluetooth "Sending Failed" WHY?

marccccc

N95 Bluetooth "Sending Failed" WHY?

[ Edited ]

Nokia n95 8Gb 

WinXP SP3

Sending photos from the n95  to the PC used to work but now it doesn't.  Just stopped working reason unknown.  Same bluetooth dongle. Same computer.  Same phone. 

I tried changing the date separator from  " / "  into a " : "   but that made no difference either, it still says "Sending Failed". Even if I unplug the bluetooth dongle, the phone still says "Sending Failed", so it's a just useless unhelpful message stating the obvious.

Why does phone only say "Sending Failed" anyway?    Why doesn't the n95 display information it has about the sending failure?    I'm not a digital mind-reader, even a diagnostic error code (don't tell me, Nokia doesn't code for error-handling.. ) would be help, but no, nothing, it just says "Sending Failed" as though saying 'tough luck m8, I'm clocking out now'.  

Even a Tamagotchi virtual pet tells you what went wrong but all we get with Nokia is "Sending Failed". 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: N95 Bluetooth "Sending Failed" WHY?

@marccccc

You just need to approach this in a logical way to exclude firstly any issues with Bluetooth dongle or PC which presumably you already have to be pointing finger at N95. After which you should try backing up your N95 8GB and re-setting to "Out of box" state to exclude any possible software corruption upon device, if still problem try re-installing existing software and after that visit to Nokia Care facility would be indicated.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.