Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N95 Software Issues

N95 Software Issues

I recently purchased a new N95 phone and to be honest, i wish i hadn't.

The phone is now only a month old and I'm lucky if the battery can get me through one day and the software is also playing up. When the battery starts getting low (very often) the gallery starts to continuously load up, making it impossible to use the phone, lately this is starting to happen even if the battery life is moderately high.

I have looked on the nokia website and did a software update on my phone, but apparently my software is already the most recent. So now I'm looking for some software which can format my phone, i don't mean put back to factory settings because that does jack for my situation, i need a full format, although i cant find much on software issues?

Any help?
Please use plain text.
Advisor

dude I couldnt agree more! I cant even go the menu without a SINGLE crash! it is absolutely rediculous! the main purpose of a phone is to send txt and make phone calls and I CANT EVEN do that with the N95 because it keeps crashing when it doesnt get any attention!
My Nokia n95 keeps crashing!
Please use plain text.

Now it is just continuisly loading the gallery, over and over, rendering the phone unuseable.

Please someone help me figure this out before i throw my phone up the wall (seriously).
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

[ Edited ]
It's main purpose is Multimedia but i think nokia have gone too far with it's software.

Definately can't use it as a phone

Message Edited by 6280 on 17-Jun-200702:29 PM

Nokia N95
V 20.0.015
Please use plain text.
Advisor

waste of my F'ing money! even some £20 Alcatel was better!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
roberth

try resetting your phone by holding down the *#3 call buttons and also pressing the power on keep them pressed until the phone boots up to the initial startup ie time date entry...next update your phone via nsu....this should work
Please use plain text.
Advisor
axelll1221

agian its only your's nokia my nokia n 95 its VERY fast.... no crash ... freze ... slow load :smileyvery-happy: its the fastest phone i ever see .. so .... try to format and restar & update the soft ......
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
aussiefones

Try holding down the menu button for a couple of seconds and this should show you how many applications running.
Close the ones you arn't using and should work fast with version 11 software.
I love my N95.
Have heaps of software on it and works quickly.
Battery gets better after time and especially if you minimise the light settings on display and use a darker theme on it.
This is not a phone for people that only want to make calls with.
Regards,

Bob
www.aussiefones.com
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Any chance the gallery button is a bit dodgy? Mine has no problems, at low power it gives me warnings until it is time to do the autoshutdown trick.

About battery life read these post (last one first). There are some nice testresults about battery performance. If you phone does not compare. You either have problems running powerhungry applications in the background or a buggy battery.

http://snoyt.vox.com/library/posts/tags/battery+life/
Please use plain text.
Advisor

How on earth can you hold down *#3 and the power button all at once?

I'm really having trouble with my new N95. I can't seem to unfreeze the Music Player and it won't update with my songs I've added.

I also don't know how to uninstall and reinstall the app. If anyone can help that would be really appreciated.

Thanks a lot.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

I've been doing that but it won't close Music Player which appears to be frozen.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Please use plain text.
Advisor

today I restored the factory, so all my files were deleted and all, then after a while it is working fine now, but I always get this feeling when I take it out my pocket and press the menu, I have a feeling that its going to crash lol! always nervous! but now it seems to be ok, just the battery life is annoying, I charged it at 8:00pm last night full charged then around 3pm its DEAD lol
Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]
Formatted my phone, lost all my conacts etc but it still didnt help. So today i took it to the nokia shop where they did a software update (a more advance one, apparently the sottware they updated it with was only avalible for O2 networks) but phone was still **bleep**ed.

So now its in the post to nokia, let them deal with it.

Peace,
Markzzmad

Message Edited by markzzmad on 19-Jun-200712:37 AM

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Hi all

So I've reverted to factory settings, reformated the phone, reinstalled the firmware, reformated the memory card.

I added a couple of songs to test it out. Music Player finally realised it had something new and offered to refresh which I select and now it is hanging again.

Not impressed at all and hope I do not have to send it away for fixing. In my opinion it should be replaced completely under warranty since I've only had it 1 week!
Please use plain text.

It should be under warrenty, my phone is just under the 28day limit for a replacement, but i cant find the receipt, so it had to be sent off, but if they cant fix it i get a replacement anyways so its a win-win situation.

Depending where you got your phone from, you should be coverd.

Markzzmad.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

I took it down to the Nokia Care shop and they reinstalled the software and it still does it.

Now the guy I bought it from is being a huge pain and trying to say that it won't make any difference if I have the phone replaced as the "software" still won't work.

I'm sorry but I figured that if I buy a phone I expect the software to work. Like, if I buy a car I expect the gear box to work!

I'm going to try to have it replaced and see if I still get grief from the "cut and run" salesman!
Please use plain text.
Sage
kevineu

Geesh, I feel sorry for you guys... :smileysad:
Ericssson EH 237, Ericsson EH 337, Ericsson GH 388, Siemens S25, Nokia 6210, Nokia 7250, Nokia 6230, Nokia 6280 & O2 Atom , Nokia N95, Nokia 5800 XpressMusic
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Silly me,

You earthling only have two hands ;-)
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jasonr2000

N95 software issues

It must just be a bad batch of phones ive never had to do a reset since ive had the n95 so i cant complain it works great
Nokia N95 v31.0.017 16GB Nokia N91 4GB Nokia N80 2GB Sony Ericsson W850i 4GB
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Re: N95 software issues

My phone just did the gallery loading thing, where by it just loads up the gallery over and over and over, seemingly triggered by a random button press, the phone would just go mental and load the gallery over and over, as mentioned rendering the phone useless, i was becoming worried that it was broken, particularly cos i have been insistent with my pals that its peoples inability to use them properly that makes everyone moan about the crashes etc.

i'm on v12.0.013 and its been flawless up till now - i just did the alien multi button press reset mentioned in this thread and it isnt doing the gallery thing now, but we will see if it continues to work as it should.

hmmm
Please use plain text.