Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

N95 Video playback gets jerky, cleanup apps?

Counsellor
ka05com

N95 Video playback gets jerky, cleanup apps?

Video playback is jerky, I am using a N95 with 1gb Micro memory card there is over 100mbs of space on the card, will have to clean out phone memory of pictures etc..although I dont like to store anything in phone memory for this reason.

does it make any difference if apps are installed on memory card or if they are installed on internal memory?

will get rid of some games i dont use..

9 hours of audio, 176 pics, loads vid clips..
maybe thats whats clogging it up..
N95-1 (8GB-MicroSD),LCG-Audio,Fring,Nimbuzz,Skype,Youtube,iPlayer,Garmin4-GPS.Googlemaps,SkyFire,ZoneTag,Gravity, Sennheiser CX-400-IIs,500-IIs,TR-120 Wireless,HD215'S.AudioTechnica ATX-M50's.BT B-Tube BT Speaker.
Mobile Visionary
nj7_

Re: N95 Video playback gets jerky, cleanup apps?

You have memory space on phone and card. You may store what you want on one memory or on another!
Mobile Guru
el_loco

Re: N95 Video playback gets jerky, cleanup apps?

During video playback what's more important is how much RAM you have free.

RAM is consumed by open applications in the background. Also RAM may be 'locked' or consumed by applications that didn't released it upon closing. So make sure that applications are not running on the background and you may want to power cycle the device.

On another note. VGA files (640x480) encoded in h264 (MPEG4 AVC) don't play correctly. If you want VGA resolution use MPEG4.

If the bitrate of the video file is too high the phone will choke.

640K Should be enough for everybody
El_Loco Nokia Video Blog