Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N95 update failiure

Advisor

N95 update failiure

on trying to update n95 firmware from 20.0.015 to 21.0.021 using nokia updater I receive message saying :nokia failed to update: try again. have done several times with same result
Any ideas
reason for update is my phone number nine (wxyz)button has started acting like the red button on front of phone. so when writing texts if i need a wxyz it clears text and returns me to main nav screen. very annoying
again anyone had this problem or know how to resolve

thanks brian
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
babdi

Reset your phone by keying in *#7370# after you backup. See if this helps.
If my post has helped you please click the white star on the right
Please use plain text.
Advisor

thanks for post tried the reset but still wont update and button problem still there.

sure if i could update firmware it would cure problem

maybe a virus?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
patriciaanne3

Try a hard reset with the * 3 green key then switch on. If this fails take to nsc.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

12-Apr-2008 04:30 PM
briangate wrote:
number nine (wxyz)button has started acting like the red button on front of phone. so when writing texts if i need a wxyz it clears text and returns me to main nav screen.

That looks more like a hardware problem (kbd controller) if you ask me. I doubt a firmware update will solve it.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
patriciaanne3

I think you could be correct. With one phone a firmware update improved a similar problem.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

problem is on trying to update i keep getting failed to update message when using nokia updater to update firmware
anyone else had this problem, have updated phone in the past without a problem

brian
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
babdi

Re-install.The latest software updater repairs the installation when you try to re-install. See if this works.
If my post has helped you please click the white star on the right
Please use plain text.
Advisor

looks like a trip to the nokia repair centre to sort
thank for suggestions will let you know what outcome is

brian
what happened to two cans and a length of string
Please use plain text.