Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: N95 web browser problem

N95 web browser problem

[ Edited ]
just got n95 and when i try to open web browser , it simmply dont open ... i click on the icon and it looks like it will open but it returns to the main menu ... any sugesstion what should i do or where i can find nokia web browser to download!? thanks , Aleksandar

Message Edited by bonieboy on 06-May-200706:46 AM

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Hi bonieboy

Back up your phone data to memory card and carry out a hard reset *#7370#

All data is lost but returns to factory settings as new!

If files corrupted gives a chance to start again.

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
Contributor

I had this probelm today as well. I did the alternative 'hard reset' ([grn], *, 3 'three finger salute' on switch on) and that 'fixed' the problem.

I did backup and restore before / after the reboot but it seems that backup does not save all things (web feeds disapeared, various settings seem to have changed). The PCsync backup saved even less (e.g. did not save my text messages that I had filed).
Please use plain text.

thanks it helped
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Sorry but I can't see how it helped! Where's the logic in the solution suggested?

As a new owner of an N95 I have also 'discovered' the browser problem after just 5 days of ownership! How come there are no replies or advise on this major failing of software and operating system from Nokia 'techies'? Not a good start to a new relationship.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei

Maybe it isn't widely discussed because there are only a few (a couple of) people see this problem/behaviour? I, for sure, haven't seen it, nor have I heard from any friends or colleagues also using an N95 (or noticed it being discussed widely here or on other discussion boards).

Looks like something gets "corrupted" (which reformatting clears).

Make sure you have the latest phone software version (if it is a "glitch" that has been fixed):
http://www.nokia.com/softwareupdate
Please use plain text.

I have the latest firmware and have the same problem.

I don't want to reset it back to defaults. Is there another way to fix?

Thanks
Please use plain text.
Advisor

I have the same problem with my N95. It is a real problem/bug and as described above, the screen blinks like it does when you normally open the browser, and then it goes back to the main screen. i am in telecommunications engineer in germany and work for a mobile phone operator. The problem does not seem to be network related but phone related.

The problem started after visiting some sites with the browser that opened links in other windows and quickly filled up the available memory, eventually causing the N95 to crash. i can still connect and download data with other applications e.g. Podcasting, Flickr, Gmail etc. but the web browser doesn't work anymore.

unfortuantely there does not seem to be a way to access the web browser's configuration settings without opening the application itself. so the options to fix the problem seem limited. doing a reset is a pain, especially since my girlfriend left for berlin with the laptop. is there a way just to reinstall the web browser? it would be great if nokia could make that available for download. or at least a program that allowed you to access the settings...clear cache etc.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

just to add to the statistic. i m having the same problem. did anybody try to ask nokia for solution?
Please use plain text.
Advisor

i searched for a solution for days and didn't find any. eventually i backed up the phone to the mini-SD card and did the reset as suggested. it fixed the problem of course and wasn't too painful but i had to reinstall a few programs.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

hey, how ya going scoobyman.
I recently got my nokia N95 and I have the exact same problem as bonieboy.
I tried your code and it asked for a 4 digit lock code...which of course I dont know.
Could you please let me know what the code is.
It would be greatly,greatly appreciated if you could.

Somewhat Disatisfied with Nokia,
Dave
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hey winterwarmer.
Could you explain to me you code.
I dont get your code..im confused.
What exactly is the code and how do you do it?
If you could reply soon it would be much appreciated

Thanx very much,
Dave
Please use plain text.
Advisor

the default lockcode is 12345 unless you have changed it.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I have this problem too, about three months in. Does anybody know what a hard reset does to the navigation license for the GPS?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

After having an N95 for two months or so, my browser is doing the same thing. Am just about to return to factory settings, hopefully won't lost too much, I backed up the phone memory to my SD card, so fingers crossed! The question I would like to know are what are Nokia doing about this problem? It would seem to not just be an isolated incident!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

After enduring this problem and others I returned my phone to Club Nokia using their freepost return form; available from retailers. Call the care line on 08700 555777 for a form.

Within 2 weeks I had a brand new phone.
Please use plain text.

Thanks for the tips...pain...but helped. I think the browser couldn't handle some kind of scripts or java
Please use plain text.
Professor
wolf666

Hi All,

try to clean the browser cache.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

same problem here, thanks for the solution though, a back-up and restore has done the trick.
Annoying though - Nokia should provide a patch.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I had the same problem and I solved clearing the browser cache. Cache folder is not accesible from the standar Nokia File Browser. You can install Y-Browser (http://www.drjukka.com/YBrowser.html) in your Nokia Phone and the delete all the files in C:\cache directory.
It worked fine in my case but I have read searching in Google that it didn´t worked with other persons.
Another thing, Y-Browser gets installed in a new folder called DrJukka.com in the main "Menu", not in the usual "Applications" folder.
BR
W.Wabailan
Please use plain text.