Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

N96 Camera - 'Feature Not Supported' (FW 30.033)

N96 Camera - 'Feature Not Supported' (FW 30.033)

After upgrading the firmware on my N96 to version 30.033, I was shocked to receive a bizarre 'feature not supported' error when I tried to use the camera, whereupon the phone became ususable until reboot.

I've searched through various internet fora for suggested solutions, all of which (hard reset, reinstall firmware etc.) had no effect.

Any suggestions? 

Mobile Guru
phonehacker

Re: N96 Camera - 'Feature Not Supported' (FW 30.033)

[ Edited ]

Take your phone to a Nokia care point.

If this post was helpful/useful, please click the Kudos button to say 'thanks'
Message Edited by phonehacker on 05-Sep-2009 09:35 AM

If you want to thank someone, just click on the blue star at the bottom of their post

Registered Member
IMSTER21

hi ok your sulotion is to take the phone to a nokia care center?but i dont have access to tht as where i stay(zimbabwe),is ther no news on a fw update? this problem is reali annoyin as nokia should be jumpin around to sort out this mess of thers.. pls assist, thanks..

Mobile Guru
phonehacker

[ Edited ]

it's obviously a hardware problem and you can't fix it yourself. that's why i told you have to take the phone to a Nokia Care

If you want to thank someone, just click on the blue star at the bottom of their post

Registered Member
adeldexter

had the same problem, after I was on a off road trip with my brothers jeep, my phone felt into mud, I cleaned it right off , but when I turn on camera it says general: file (or feature) not supported and the camera turns off. I took my phone apart, cleaned the mud inside and the camera is working again. Not sure what I did but camera is working again.

Counsellor
sahil_7

That's an annoying problem! What a waste of the 5 MegaPixel beauty.

Since this problem occurred after upgrading the firmware, it may not truly be a hardware fault. I know it appears to be that way. Unfortunately, there isn't a way to go back to the old firmware.

If you can't go to a Nokia Care center, try to contact Nokia by e-mail/call. I know your country is not listed in the Contact website but you can call a number for another country - whichever one is cheapest for you :-)!
Registered Member
sunny007100

Well its really a new firmware update problem and nokia is the only responsible for that but well thanks to hall road market in my city i have just go to a simple mobile repairer and he changed my firmware back to 12.00 something and now all the functions working fine at very cheap rate :-)