Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N96 Camera: Feature Not Supported after firmwa...

N96 Camera: Feature Not Supported after firmware update to 30.033

I recently updated my N96 to v30.033 and have been impressed by the much speedier response of the phone in general. However this is completely offset by the fact that the camera now will not function at all.  Whenever I try and use the camera (from either the camera shoulder button or from the media-camera menu option) I just get the following error.

Camera:

Feature Not Supported.

I then have to switch the phone off and back on before it will functino properly again.

Anybody else having this problem.  It's ruined a great handset.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
synth_fg

Re: N96 Camera: Feature Not Supported after firmware update to 30.033

Can I ask what network you are with and wether your handset is branded as Voda UK recently released this update and a few issues are being reported
Please use plain text.

I'm on Vodafone UK and yes it is branded ;-(
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
synth_fg

Ok

Best thing to do is take a back up of your user data then reformat the phone

key in *#7370# (Note this  erase all data on the c drive, which is why you took a back up)

security code will be 12345 unless you have changed it

If this still doesn't fix the problem I'd suggest going to the vodaphone forums and seeing if anyone else has the problem

Please use plain text.

Thanks, already tried that.  Made no difference.  Also tried reinstalling the update.

Still no joy. 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
synth_fg

you could try the nuclear reset

1. Switch off the phone.

2. Hold down the following three buttons: Green (the call answer button), * button, and '3' button.

3. While holding these buttons, hold the power button for a second to switch on the phone.

4. Release when the phone shows the nokia hands logo or shows other signs of life like the language selection screen.

It may take a few attempts and very flexible fingers.

Other than that try asking on the voda forums

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/index.php?showforum=23

Please use plain text.

Just tried the 'nuclear reset' and still no joy.  Same Camera: Feature Not Supported message.  I've contacted vodafone and will post anything useful.  I'll post to the vodafone forum as well. Thanks for your suggestions
Please use plain text.
Advisor
matoco1

My friend had this happen to him after an update on his N95, local nokia service center sorted it I think they rolled the firmware back to the previous version.
Please use plain text.
Sage

My Vodafone N95 had the same issues. I took it in 3 weeks ago and it still not back to me. My camera just doesn't even work at all lol. Switch it on and then it returns to home screen.

It could be that the new firmware broke your camera or something inside the phone. I would take it back to Vodafone if it is still under warrenty.
2B || !2B N900 1S TH3 F0N3 4 M3
Please Kudos! me. To show your Appreciation
Please use plain text.

i am also having this same problam i also tryed but nothing good i am from houston tx, usa. i bought my phone Dubai, uae. well i also tried to reinstall 30.33 what ever .. but i dont know what to do.  
Please use plain text.

tell me friend what happend in the end with your phone ??? did it lived or died what really happen i have the same problem in my.. i want to know should i medi ceure it or kill it compleetly and give it to some one..
Please use plain text.

Still no joy.  Camera still won't work.  The other thing I've realised is that every time I switch it on, it goes to the 'Welcome to your new phone' screen.  It's not new.  I've had it for months now and it used to work fine (before the firmware update).

I'm going to take it into a Vodafone or a Nokia centre and get it sorted.

I'll keep you posted. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I have updated my N96 to v30.033 and now when I try and use the camera I just get the error: Camera, Feature Not Supported. I have tried hard restore and it hasnt worked, i amon O2.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
synth_fg

If the multifingered reset wont cure your problem then all you can do is take the phone to a nokia care point and let them take a look
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

i had this problem amongst others so i changed the ribbon cable and my n96 is back up and running all is good .........................hope this helps

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Williamswh

I have taken my phone to Nokia Singapore and they told me that I need to pay for the diagnostic fees and this may not be resolved too as it the firm ware issue. I called Nokia and wrote to them, but with no reply until now. I am facing issue since last December. What the fish is wrong with Nokia?? Ignoring customer once they have closed the deal??
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
mcnalljj

[ Edited ]

Have you set up a Mail for Exchange account on the device? It is possible that your ActiveSync administrator has disabled the use of cameras as part of their Device Management settings. Could check this with them or on another device

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
mcnalljj

[ Edited ]

Also is it possible that you have tried changing your Radio Model, this could have lead to you getting the incorrect firmware and you will have to pay an NCP for reflashing the device

Please use plain text.
Technical Expert
michaels

We've checked this issue with our Mail for Exchange team, and their response seems to back-up mcnalljj's thoughts:

"It’s possible to disable the camera with the Exchange ActiveSync security policy if the Exchange administrator decides to do so. There are several security options that the administrator can enable but I think it’s quite rare that camera would be disabled."

Nokia Lumia - the fastest growing smartphone

If this or any post answers your question, please remember to help others by pressing the 'Accept as solution' button.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
thamle

i updated nokia firmware in my n96 phone ,after that its camera not working properly,'features not supported' this commend come,any body to know how to solve this problem?.
Please help me
Please use plain text.