Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N96 earpiece & slider problem

Contributor

N96 earpiece & slider problem

Hi I'm having some trouble with my phone (n96). Whenever I put a call on or someone calls me I can hear nothing from the earpice. I discovered that when sliding, at certain point, it would work, but as I continue sliding, it stops working again.
Is this something related to a hardware issue, maybe an internal cable or a rail copper contact a little lousy?
I'm really bad at this as this is a very pricey phone for having this kind of problems, specially in the first month of use. BTW, I have not droped it, so it's something with the phone itself.

Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Re: N96 earpiece & slider problem

It's definitely a hardware fault. Return it to the retailer or if that isn't an option then visit a nokia care point.

Care points/service centres and repair info:

UKEuropeAsia-PacificUSA
CanadaMiddle East and Africa

Elsewhere: Click here, select your country, go to the support section, then select repair.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Thanks for the quick reply psycho. Too sad that this seems like a hw issue.
Seems that I will have to wait a little to use the phone, I was just starting to love it.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

yeah i would have to go with the hardware issue on this one as well...get it exchanged or repaired should be good to go after that
You know what I love about you the most, the fact that you are not me ! In love with technology and all that it can offer. Join me in discovery....
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

[ Edited ]
Sorry, can't help you with that on this forum.

Talk about self repairs or disassembly is against the rules.

There's a chance that you've been sold a "b-grade" model by the retailer. Did the box have it's original nokia seal on it?

Message Edited by psychomania on 19-Nov-2008 12:40 PM
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Don't know, it's from a friend and I was a step from buying it.
Please use plain text.