Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N97 Application mngr & Themes issue. ..

Counsellor
Ibanez_JS100
Accepted Solution

N97 Application mngr & Themes issue. ..

hello guys ,

I Have Themes installed in E Memory , when I go to Application Manager to un-install them they're not there & they dont show !! but they're still in the Themes select option menu.

i Cant Format the whole E memory just to get rid of some themes !! ... anyone else facing this issue ? any solutions ?

feedback appreciated

N97 .. Working or Not , it's still a *bleeing* Rip OFF .
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

Re: N97 Application mngr & Themes issue. ..

Connect the phone to a computer in mass storage mode. If you're using Windows, make sure that hidden and system files are displayed.

Navigate to the drive that's mounted when you connect the phone and go to the private\10207114\import folder.

In there you will see a folder for each theme that's installed in your mass memory. In each folder there will be a .skn file. Open that file with a text editor and scan for the name of the theme that will appear in there.

Once you've located the theme(s) you want to delete, simply delete the folder under "import" containing the .skn, .mif and .mbm files.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Ibanez_JS100

Thanks a Bunch .. highly appreciated 
N97 .. Working or Not , it's still a *bleeing* Rip OFF .
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

[ Edited ]

I just did this on my n97mini to delete a few themes that weren't listed in application manager and now all my third party apps and all of my themes are gone ??

edited to add: oops, restarted and now they're all back. Thanks fgor helping me get rid of the hidden themes.

Message Edited by lightstream on 12-Jan-2010 11:27 AM
Please use plain text.
Advisor

How can I uninstall themes that are on the phone memory? When I connect my phone to my computer using mass memory, the phone memory drive does not appear, thus making it difficult to uninstall themes.
Please use plain text.
Sage
ak3_ltw

application manager>select the theme > options > uninstall
N97 Black India
Attending Nokia Discussion has become new hobby, Thanks to Nokia... for having so many bugs
Please use plain text.
Advisor

It's strange. The themes installed on my phone memory do not show up anywhere in application manager nor in any folder when searching with X-plore.
Please use plain text.

I had a big problem with a Babi Black theme. After 2 hard resets, and reinstallations of everything, I found it was the theme. FFS, it shouldn't be so hard to remove faulty software from a phone.

Why doesn't the application manager display this sort of stuff? It took hours to find your most welcome and appreciated solution.

Cheers.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks that solved the problem for me, the only thing I would add is to use a hex editor such as XVI32 - http://www.chmaas.handshake.de/delphi/freeware/xvi32/xvi32.htm as in Notepad the skn files can be unreadable or use a program like mbm_whizard to view the images in the MBM file to determine which theme it is. In my case all the folders in the directory contained themes that weren't showing up so it may be possibe to wipe the lot (on mass storage).

Please use plain text.