Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N97 Backup

Contributor

N97 Backup

Hi everyone, i use to backup my phone data to the memory card 8g every week or so .. Lately it wont backup and gave me a message (memory is full: close some applications and try again) !!

i have no other applications running .. its very important for me to solve this problem before updating my phone to the new 2.0 software update.

help please.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Re: N97 Backup

come on guys ... i need to back up today before the update release tomorrow
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

I assume you've tried a reboot?

If you have any connected homescreen widgets running like facebook or accuweater close them then try to backup.

The release date for v20 isn't guaranteed to be tomorrow.  The release schedule thats doing the rounds on the forums is believed to be totally false and a cruel stunt by someone to see how easily rumours spread.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

I closed all the applications including the email widget i even gone far and closed the wifi connection and the bluetooth.. and reboot the device but still the same it refuse to back up saying the memory is full !!!

thanks anyway

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Hi Q8ee, i'm having the same problem with my back up on my N97. i also have no app running and iit wouldn't let me backup (message - memory full, close some apps and try again)  its happen to me before and i have had to hard reset my phone but i don't want to go through that again. did you resolve yours without hard reseting #7370# 12345?. i can backup to my pc but its better if i could do the same using the n97 internal backup. any help will be appreciated. my current version is V21 vodafone N97 black

Please use plain text.