Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: N97 Drawing icon missing

Professor
jim64

N97 Drawing icon missing

I've noticed after update to N97 v20 that the Drawing app icon is missing from Applications, although I can access it through Search>Other>Applications. Can anyone advise how to create/restore icon?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Have you looked in every folder in your phone for the app?

It's not possible to create an icon.  The only way to get an icon back is to reset the phone.  Sometimes restoring to factory defaults will bring it back.  Another way is to restore a settings backup but that doesn't always work.

Please use plain text.
Professor
rasmus

I dont think you can add an icon into any of the application menus - or at least I cannot figure it out.

You can however add it to one of the widgets on your home screen in the application shortcut. 

I love my purple screen, 1/2 day battery, sketchy touch screen and $800 price tag - I call it my Lumia 900
Please use plain text.
Professor
jim64

Thanks for response, guys.

Nope, can't find icon anywhere. Found Drawing files in Z:\resource\apps with Y-Browser but that's it. I can indeed put shortcut icon on homescreen but there's other apps I prefer quick access to. Was wondering if I could find icon with Y-Browser and copy to Applications folder, might have look but could be blundering around forever. I don't want to restore any settings in case it causes problems, factory reset didn't help. Looks like I'll need to try *#7370# reset in which case I'll also format E: again. It's not a huge deal, just a bit irritating.

Cheers.
Please use plain text.