Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N97: How To Answer A Call With The Phone Locke...

Professor
froschy

Re: N97: How To Answer A Call With The Phone Locked.

I missed a few calls also trying to work this out. At first I thought you just needed to touch either option, that didn't work. After a few attempts I thought about my iPod Touch and how this unlocks, the N97 unlock graphics are definitely not as intuitive as the iPod Touch.

What's obvious to some may not be obvious to others, that's what these discussion forums are for - users helping other users not ridiculing them.

P.S. Good tip on how to unlock! 

Nokia N97 (RM-507) v 22
iPhone 4 (Coming Soon) - Lemon N97 - SE - Nokia 8210 - Nokia 7710 - Nokia 5100
Please use plain text.
Advisor

May I be the first to point out that this information is in the user manual (under Answer or reject a call), and that maybe it is worth a quick read to prepare you for other unanticipated eventualities?
9300 → 9300i → e90 → n97 → C6-00
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

What? You mean you expect people to RTFM?

Shock - horror!

:smileyvery-happy:

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Advisor

I'm surprised that no one has spotted you can answer from a locked screen by sliding the "lock switch". Not sure if specific settings are required for this to work, however this is the easiest way if pulling out of a pocket for example.

Mike

Please use plain text.

Thanks buddy. I was getting the calls by sliding my finger on the answer tab on the screen. Though I was unsure of the direction and thought that if you slide either direction it would work the same.

Howeversince I have the Bluetooth Handsfree all the time I used the pick up from the handsfree when the touch pad didn't work.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

I didn't know either ... I kept missing calls ...  cheers
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
roz_n97

With the blind panic of trying to answer a call when locked, the simplicity of the visual instructions completely went over my head. Thanks for that. Kudos to you.
Cheers,
"ROZ"
N97 on GiffGaff
Started to grind to a halt until I hard reset it - still a lot slowly than my wife's iP4
Please use plain text.
Professor
flagpole

blind panic. that is how i tried to answer a call too.
There's no dignity in begging for kudos. Do it for the karma.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I LEARND SOMETHING TODAY !

Thank you!

Replaced my buggy Nokia N97 with a HTC Hero.
Besides the camera and the real keyboard the HTC Hero pawned the N97 on every level.
Please use plain text.

me too. especially as i was unlocking and then answering which seemed a very long way round. cheers.
Please use plain text.

Thanks aplenty.  I've missed so many calls cos I've fiddled with the unlock thing so many times.
Please use plain text.

Yah. Thanks for the tip! .. Been fumbling to slide open the keyboard (which unlocks the phone), then press the Answer key....
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
warrens2

well youve just helped me out,thanks. i missed my first ever incoming call the other day,i was frantically trying to answer it,mind you it was only the ex wife anyway,my smartphone it so smart it knew it was her lol:smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Professor
flagpole

i missed my first ever call too, everyone thought it was hilarious.
There's no dignity in begging for kudos. Do it for the karma.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Brilliant. Been losing calls a plenty. So obvious now!
Please use plain text.
Professor
froschy

stevenpemberton - I'm glad to hear that the your user manual included this information, unfortunately the user manual that I received did not include this. I'm sure like many others, I received the manual marked "draft". Good one Nokia fail!

Please note that these user forums are for users to assist other users, not for ridiculing other people. 

Nokia N97 (RM-507) v 22
iPhone 4 (Coming Soon) - Lemon N97 - SE - Nokia 8210 - Nokia 7710 - Nokia 5100
Please use plain text.

Hi, I have the same problem that you got. Answer the call and when finish the phone stop/jam. Did you manage to figure out what can be done to stop that or its the software issues.

Help will be much appreciated.

regards,

Ing

Please use plain text.
Contributor

My N97 is locking up too.  Quite frequently when I answer the phone by sliding to the right it stays on that screen, it should move to the active call screen, and at the end of the call it will not budge.  A power cycle is the only way to revive it.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Oh, yes it freez on me many time when I swep my finger to follow the arrow to the right to answer the incoming phone this happen before new fireware update v11, after update to the latest fireware v 11. It does not freez. But it freez again after it's updatting ( not fireware) I hope they " Nokia" can look at this problem and fix it.
Please use plain text.
Sage
cns18

Interesting to note many users were unaware of this feature, what you may also not be aware of your new found trick is that it is notorius for the problems mentioned above by some members i.e. You can answer the call in style by swiping but when it comes to hang up ocassionally the device just hangs....well not literally as after a few presses of the power key it finally goes off. However this problem does not seem to appear if you answer calls in the conventional way i.e. unlocking device by lock switch first and then answering.....
Please use plain text.