Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

N97: How To Answer A Call With The Phone Locked.

Advisor

Re: N97: How To Answer A Call With The Phone Locked.

Any news on the "freezing" issue ? If the phone is locked and I pick up a call by "sliding right" and the other person hangs up before I do, the phone freezes totally. It doesn't receive calls anymore either. The only option is to turn it off and on again.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Dear Users,  I have a solution to this freezing problem.... Just try this... go to  menu---applications--- key lock---( u will find .... (leaf, nature,curtain and snow) select OPTIONS --- Status--- make it Disable.....   i believe this will work...

CHEERS.... 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
mosh101

i think all N97 users know this should know this by now :smileytongue:
Please use plain text.
Sage
cns18

@ atalsharma

There is nothing called keylock under applications folder in Menu of my phone. Do you mean the general keylock settings?

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Just thought Id add, that i read and reread the manual supplied and it isnt in there!! It has 2paragraphs on answering calls

Googled on line, found the manual and there it was on page 38. So it looks as if there are different versions of the manual. the online had a lot more than 2 paragraphs.

So RTFM would not have made it any better for some :-)

I tested it out for its intuitiveness in the office. Funny enough all the iPhone users got it straight away, but the rest made the same bad assumption that the arrows were pointing to a switch rather thatn instructing how to swipe

Please use plain text.
Sage
smoketoomuch

Ahh... user manual, I thought you said "useless manual" :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
hanani

So - one week later and still N97 (V 11-0-021 / c11-0-021 RM505) FREEZES at least twice a day mainly after answering a call when phone is locked and I swipe the green arrow to the Right to answer - than it freezes and I have to turn off the phone (can do it so at least do not need to take out the battery)

SAD !!!!

Hanani

using Nokia since ages most recent were the 9300, N95 the E71, and since July 15 - a proud owner of the N97 - later switched to the N97 White
Please use plain text.

Its not mentioned anywhere in guide. thanks for saving my time
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Thank you .. Thank you ... Thank you ... I almost destroy the da........m......mmmm thing and all this time I didn't get it, but if one reads the user manual NOTHING on that regard is mentioned, or I couldn't find it! .....

But thanks again

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I don't see any application called "keylock" on my N97.

In any event, the best way to answer a call when the device is locked is to just use the button on your bluetooth.  It bypasses the "swipe"

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

fldude99 wrote:

I don't see any application called "keylock" on my N97.

In any event, the best way to answer a call when the device is locked is to just use the button on your bluetooth.  It bypasses the "swipe"

that is because your phone most likely was not meant to have this app. as far as i know only phones released in India have it, i have not heard of any other region having this app.  

You know what I love about you the most, the fact that you are not me ! In love with technology and all that it can offer. Join me in discovery....
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Thanks for all the comments, and it seem no one know how to Tackle the problem, it's the phone or the software is not able to undetstand the intention of the user? Liled answer the called and swipe to the right>>>>>>> instead of <<<<<<, obviously don't worked, Nokia please fix it. I am really dissapointed with N97 after owning one and before that I was so looking forward for the launch. Nokia, how can we trust you in the future as your ad said.....

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
hanani

So.... I must tell you - I downloaded on Friday an update from the Update Software app in the N97, it was a "fix"  = an update for the "C Memory"  file of about 21 KB, downloaded and installed .....  and since than - NO PROBLEM  (so far)

using Nokia since ages most recent were the 9300, N95 the E71, and since July 15 - a proud owner of the N97 - later switched to the N97 White
Please use plain text.

Hello all,

My N97 had the same problem with the end of the call freezing but it is now working after the software update to the phone. Go to Menu, Applications and then SW update. I had 3 things to update and one was called C: Phone Memory update 7.1.

I am also on firmware V11.0.021

Regards

Please use plain text.
Advisor

this had me stumped for a while.  thanks!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Thanks for the tip.

I've just missed a call because it was locked !

Not very obvious.

I would have thought touching the Answer pad or the green button would answer the call, but oh no !

After some testing I found using the unlock button was one way,

N97 Firmware Version 20
Please use plain text.
Professor
flagpole

it turns out iPhone users intuitively know this.

something odd happened. someone i know couldn't find out how to answer it when it was locked. they were too sheep ish to ask me, so they googled it and ended up here in my thread.

glad people are still finding it useful :smileyhappy:

There's no dignity in begging for kudos. Do it for the karma.
Please use plain text.
Sage
alzaeem80

i see its a good thing for not calling some body  by acident if it where in your poket and a bad thing if you wanted to answer quickly because it was ringing for a long time and you dont want to miss the call because you have no credit to call back
phones i have 2730c - C1
KUDOS ME IF YOU FIND MY ANSWERS HELP FULL
Please use plain text.
Sage
alzaeem80

im very sory i just new that about n97
phones i have 2730c - C1
KUDOS ME IF YOU FIND MY ANSWERS HELP FULL
Please use plain text.
Advisor

It is not the user's fault. The *highlight* is the unlock swipe. :smileyhappy: If the 'answer' was highlighted in some way, it would have been more obvious. Somehow, the two do not appear at the same level of prominence, that is why the confusion with most, I believe .... my 2 cents .. 
Please use plain text.