Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N97 UK Firmware Update V11

Mobile Guru

That page won't work (it's only available via https) because it is the "magic" address the software updater uses to check to see if your new firmware is available. If you're in the UK, you are more than likely going to be using the same IP address as mine machine, anyway. It is looking pretty grim, I'm afraid.

If the nokia server NSU talks to isn't reporting a new firmware for your phone, EVEN IF the check website says there is one available, you're just going to have to wait.. On the plus side I would be incredibly surprised if it didn't work by this time tomorrow.. It is possible it might work tomorrow morning.. I know this is far from the answer you want, but I personally doubt there is anything wrong with your setup, it's going to be a problem on a Nokia server somewhere.. 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
ciscon97

the phone is faster and more responsive with theV11 update but still buggy and slow sometimes, but if they continue updating maybe we will have a really fast phone soon.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I have the craappy connection bug too.

I just updated to windows7 thinking it might sort it, but it doesn't.

Installs fine software, plug phone in, pc suite, all the drivers seem to install fine, green lights across the board, reboot pc, reboot phone

shove it in, it says connected, but it isn't because i can't do owt.

on bluetooth it works

Do u believe in love @ first sight, or should I post again?
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Hi Cpitchford thanks for the info at least I know the V11 firmware is getting closer. you never know I could have a phone that actually works by the weekend wouldn't that be a great thing to happen
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
roz_n97

So I updated last night. All seems OK, other than the long restore of backed-up data that I'm not sure I needed to do, and I had to move my messages back to mass memory rather than phone. However I seem to have delevoped a WLAN connection issue - ie. it won't.

Never had a problem with V10. It always picked up my WLAN. The only issue was the confusion I've read elsewhere about not knowing where to pull internet from and having a petit mal (easily solved by disconnecting the data packet through connectivity option).

But now it won't find my WLAN. No wireless networks found it says. I refresh - no joy. As I've been rebooting and fiddling, the WLAN icon pops up, or I see my WLAN name in the connectivity pages, but then it disappears - **bleep**? 

I've checked my router; it's working and other wireless devices are working so what's going on? Anyone else seen this??

Cheers,
"ROZ"
N97 on GiffGaff
Started to grind to a halt until I hard reset it - still a lot slowly than my wife's iP4
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Got my update for white N97 this morning...at long last.  But now the phone's software updater app won't open :-(
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

[ Edited ]

mandarin wrote:
Got my update for white N97 this morning...at long last.  But now the phone's software updater app won't open :-(

Which region are you in / what is your product code? I keep checking for my UK unbranded white and according to the check web page, it says I'm still stuck on v10..

Mine is: 0587240 N97 UK CV W

Message Edited by cpitchford on 20-Jul-2009 12:10 PM
Please use plain text.
Contributor

mine is 0587240.  On T-Mobile.  Type RM-505
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Mine is 0586308 and still no sign of any updates

I do not understand why this thread is showing as fixed when there are still a lot of us that have not got access to firmware v11

N97 Black unlocked using the 3 Network (UK). Product Code 0586308. Firmware V20.0.019. Made In Finland.Custom version V20.019.235.10.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

The thread is solved as far as the person who created it is concerned.

Those of you not getting the firmware yet should always remember that you're going to get it late if you have branded phones.

Also, the updater on the phone itself (device manager) is useless in this case because the firmware was only released via Nokia Software Updater (NSU). You need to update using your PCs.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

grschinon wrote:
The thread is solved as far as the person who created it is concerned.

Those of you not getting the firmware yet should always remember that you're going to get it late if you have branded phones.

And really really late if you bought a WHITE UNBRANDED phone directly from Nokia.. Although it still says mine is stuck on v10 on Nokia's software check page, I heard rumours it might now be available.. I'll check when I get home this evening and will let everyone know for certain :smileywink:

If I'd bought the black handset unbranded from Nokia, I could've updated last week. Comparing ages of phones when they were able to update.. the UK white unbranded are effectively twice the age of the US handsets.. 1st July versus 20th July..  Unacceptable, especially since they are both unbranded handset..

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

[ Edited ]

I do not agree with solving the thread just because the OP got his fix. 

so are you saying that we should have individual thread for the N97 UK firmware V11 for each network or model number, etc. Flodding this forum ?

When I saw that "SOLVED" I thought that there was a way for everyone (or for me) to get the new firmware which is not true, having a SOLVED for a generic subject is a bit misleading.

Message Edited by asandino on 20-Jul-2009 04:14 PM
N97 Black unlocked using the 3 Network (UK). Product Code 0586308. Firmware V20.0.019. Made In Finland.Custom version V20.019.235.10.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
ravemonkey78

The UK V11 Update is now available for White N97s with product code 0587240
3210, 3330, 7600, 3650, 6600, 6670, N80, N95, N96, N97, N900!!
Please use plain text.

Yeah, got my update for White unbranded code 0587240, tonight. Not played with it much, but i does seem to have speeded it up a bit - hopefully we're going in the right direction !!!
Please use plain text.

I do hope it becomes available for the n97 white (Code:0588469) soon because i'm getting impatient was almost tempted to change my new n97 but i like it to much so hurrryyyy up with these updates!
Please use plain text.