Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N97 Useful Tip

Registered Member

Alternative to keyguard to unlock phone

Is there another way to unlock your phone other than using the sliding keyguard button?
Please use plain text.
Sage
britzinelul24

Re: Alternative to keyguard to unlock phone

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

yeah sorry typo un yeah every time i connect the phone to the pc it won't stop the lil pop up saying mtp device found.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I think it only does this if the phone is connected in Media Transfer mode; it should be okay when connected as PC Suite

Please use plain text.
Professor
au_n97_user

lg_25 wrote:
yeah sorry typo un yeah every time i connect the phone to the pc it won't stop the lil pop up saying mtp device found.
I'm sorry, I can't help - I have never seen the popup of which you speak, "mtp device found".
Please use plain text.

Re: N97 Erase several mails at once

Does anyone know how I can erase several e-mails at once on the N97. This worked with the 9300 and shift key. As I wanted to buy a professional phone I hope there is still a possibility for that. Or do I have to erase each and every mail seperately as with the other junk phones?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

paulleitner wrote:
Does anyone know how I can erase several e-mails at once on the N97. This worked with the 9300 and shift key. As I wanted to buy a professional phone I hope there is still a possibility for that. Or do I have to erase each and every mail seperately as with the other junk phones?

You can use the options, mark, mark thing to select a single message.. very slow.. very unhelpful.. You can use the shift key whilst you tap on the screen.. but beware.. holding shift and clicking will select all messages between where the highlight bar WAS to where you tapped.. so to select on message you need to tap, shift + tap..  You can use shift and the joypad.. shift +joypad click will select the current message, shift + up or shift+down selects a range..

Every method is less intuitive than the Nokia 7710.. To select one you dragged up then down then you could tap and drag to select more.. it was really very good.. 

I get concerned as to just how close this "touch screen" version of S60 is to simply drawing a virtual joypad on the screen that you press with your finger.. It is still designed to be access heavily with a keypad.. The 5800 is an absolute chore to use, in that respect..

Please use plain text.
Sage
jim64

lg_25,

I've had similar, along with Comodo firewall warnings. It's an error with media transfer protocol when connected in mass storage mode. Go to device manager and look for MTP device with yellow mark, should be your phone. Although a general warning in this case it means a device has been detected but not installed. With previous N95 8GB I disabled the device which fixed the pop-ups. This time with N97 I just removed it. Right click properties and uninstall, reboot. Worked for me anyway. Doesn't affect abilty to transfer files to phone.

Please use plain text.

Thanks!

Holding down the shift key and tabing or selecting a range is what I tried firs as this would be what one expects, but it does not work - at least not on my N97. Is there a setting I have to make first?

Please use plain text.

Hi,

I don't if this is well known, but I was quite happy when I discovered it so...

While you're on the web with the Nokia browser, just double tap the screen, and it will automatically zoom in (or out if you're already zoomed) to a more confortable size for reading. Nice alterntive to the lack of multi-touch zooming.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

is there an easier way to disconnect the device from the computer when in mass storage mode as it doesn't like being ejected from my computer but using safely remove hardware doesn't seem to terminate the connection properly and causes problems with receiving texts etc. any suggestions? plus if there is anything else this phone can do that i should know aboutt that would be great
N97 11.0.021
Please use plain text.

Re: N97 Sorting tasks

Has anyone an idea whether it is still possible to sort the tasks in the calendar by various criterias (e.g creation date, priority, etc.).

Thanks to cpitchford:

your hint actually worked - I just could not find the selection hooks at the end of the e-mails as I have expected the to become highligthed or a hook in front of the e-mail rather than at the end. Thanks!!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

thank you for the tip i will give it a crack and let you know thanks again
Please use plain text.
Sage
alexeiw123

marking of photos and messages using the shift + enter keys, or shift + touch is great if you miss the old mark button from s60v3 phons.

also using X-PLORE (freeware) to manage files, unzip and unrar is a BREEZE, such an easy and useful app. why nokia file browser can't incorporate a file tree is beyond me.

Please use plain text.

Re: Sorting Task List

Has anyone an idea whether it is possible to sort the tasks in the calendar by various criterias (e.g creation date, priority, etc.).

Please use plain text.
Ex-employee (retired)
oviwan

also using X-PLORE (freeware) to manage files, unzip and unrar is a BREEZE, such an easy and useful app. why nokia file browser can't incorporate a file tree is beyond me.

I think in a way it's part of the thing with S60, you have the developer community making stuff better for advanced users. Enhancing functionality, or creating new ones. I do agree that File Manager like other things in S60 looks old as it has been there since the first S60 device.

On a note found on the first page. You can customize the Right selection key of the home screen by using the Options -> Edit Content then Options -> Right selection key. No need to load a new theme.

Some other tips:

When you turn on WLAN availability or BT you can click on the icons (wlan or BT) on the home screen and then connect to devices, terminate connections, etc.

Opera Mini already supports N97

Divx mobile for S60 3.1 works in N97 but you can't change the default settings unless you have access to a wireless keyboard that supports the left and right softkeys (like the Nokia SU-8W). This allows you to watch .AVI files in the N97.

There's an option to change the Default Application that is used for Music Playing, Browser, etc. But so far it fails to detect that I have Opera Mini. But hopefully this will be fixed in future releases so you will be able to select a third party app for opening Pictures or Playing music. :smileyhappy:

...who's more foolish?, the fool or the one who follows him?... ovi-wan
Please use plain text.
Advisor
blakkpanter

i feel like a fool

but after a month i finally realised i didnt need the hide/show content button on the home screen

and that i could just flip to another home screen  :smileyhappy:

N9 64 Black
N900
N97 Black
Please use plain text.
Sage
alexeiw123

if the unlock slider isnt your thing, and you like the iphone slide to unlock feature, then Nunlock V2 is a nice app where u press the red or green button and then get a screen just like on iphone (but customizable) to slide to unluck, works great.. 10 free slides then a small price. just google it..
Please use plain text.
Contributor

hi, could any one tell me how to get that effect of screens shifting when u swipe your finger across the home screen? i had it before i set factory settings but now it only shifts to the other home screen without any effect?

thnx

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Yes it is in Themes, General then Options and turn on Theme effects, I only found this today.
Please use plain text.