Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N97 Web browser is slooww

Counsellor

N97 Web browser is slooww

Hi all,

I wonder if there is still problem with N97's web browser ? It loads pages slow and intermittantly loose connection.

I installed Skyfire browser and the pages loads like instanly.

I'm on firmware V12 btw.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

hmm i have no issues with the browser. its average. its actually fairly fast over wifi. i have not noticed it being any different from other n series in speed. 
You know what I love about you the most, the fact that you are not me ! In love with technology and all that it can offer. Join me in discovery....
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Using WiFi it is barely noticeable, but when using 3.5G connection, the slowness is very apparent.
Please use plain text.
Professor
matt_t

I think you just answered your own question with that comment.  If it works OK over wifi, then surely the browser isn't 'slow' as you put it.  3G is going to be slower than wifi, that's hardly a sensible comparison.
Nokia N8 on O2-UK
Firmware 022.014
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
illinjah

matt_t is right about WiFi connections being much faster than 3.5G networks even though if you compare the up- and download rates they shouldn´t be that far apart...

Have you tried any other browsers yet?

A suggestions: Browse to mini.opera.com with your N97 and install Opera Mini from there, try it out and let us know if it is any better that than the native N97 browser! :smileyhappy: 

By clicking the "Kudos!" or the "Solution?" button on the right you can say "Thank You" and you´ll show the author and others that the post is useful.

The day we stop improving is the day we stop being good.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

wWeb Browser does hang in my mobile too. I was chatting on mebo with my marketing manager when it got hanged. This has happened on few occasions.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

illinjah wrote:

matt_t is right about WiFi connections being much faster than 3.5G networks even though if you compare the up- and download rates they shouldn´t be that far apart...

A suggestions: Browse to mini.opera.com with your N97 and install Opera Mini from there, try it out and let us know if it is any better that than the native N97 browser! :smileyhappy: 

I'm afraid I must disagree with you. The native browser is much slower in loading pages compare to Skyfire browser.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
illinjah

carves wrote:

illinjah wrote:

I'm afraid I must disagree with you. The native browser is much slower in loading pages compare to Skyfire browser.

First of all writing with font size 14 and bold doesn´t make you posts more noticed, what you might get is compliants like this one...

You are not disagreeing with me because I havn´t mentioned Skyfire at all in my post. All I said is that Opera is quicker than the native browser. Try to read more closely before you reply... 

By clicking the "Kudos!" or the "Solution?" button on the right you can say "Thank You" and you´ll show the author and others that the post is useful.

The day we stop improving is the day we stop being good.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
nerds2you

I just installed Opera Mini 4.2 and it is lightning fast compared to the native browser, probably due the the proxy that Opera uses, all web content comes through their servers and is compressed before it is sent to your mobile.  Pages load almost instantly.
Claudio Cividino
Nerds 2 You
http://www.nerds2you.ca
Please use plain text.
Professor
kavi6233

USE OPERA MINI. The fastest browser. You can also try skyfire!
Please use plain text.