Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

N97 mini - Noise from display

Contributor

N97 mini - Noise from display

Hello!

I've had my N97 mini for about 10 days now. Starting from day one there's been a high frequency noise coming from the phone whenever the display is turned on.

The noise is loudest if I put my ear to the middle of the display, but it's also quite annoying when I hold it normally as a phone. If I use the key lock button to turn off the display the noise goes away immediately.

Is this normal for this model? Has anybody else experienced this?

Regards,

Lennart Hedlund

Please use plain text.
Sage

Re: N97 mini - Noise from display

Lennart, I've had my N97 Mini for two weeks and there is no noise from the screen at all. Sounds like you have a serious hardware defect (just bad luck). I strongly suggest you take it back to the shop for an exchange (you should be within the time period to change your mind about the sale). Or take it to a Nokia Care Centre if that's easier/better in your legal jurisdiction. Good luck!
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Thanks for the input!

I'll see if I can get it exchanged soon...

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Hi, i have your problem with my n97 mini white. How do you have resolve? nokia reply?

Thanks a lot

Please use plain text.
Contributor

I spoke to the store where I bought it, but they said that they have to send it in to be checked. I've haven't been home very much since then, so I haven't been able to hand it in yet. I hope to be able to do that in a couple of weeks.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I suggest you ask to exchange it for another phone while you have the chance, or your next topic will be "help my n97 mini is stuck on the nokia boot screen".
Nokia N8 (dark grey),
PR2.0
install server hack , Mod pack V5.00.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

thank you for your answer polyene!

i'm waiting your opinion after you test..

thank for your collaboration

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hello, I have the same problem with my N97 mini AND E72. Looking foreward to read about a solution to this problem. The service center say`s that there is no soultion that they know about since it appears on several models.....

Please use plain text.
Contributor

i buy nokia n97 mini from 1 week and from the first day i hear the screen noise

is that a problem in the hardware ??

please nokia team replay

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Advisor

hi, i think this is normal, because it appears on several n97mini and more. The screen noise that we lissen is a characteristic of many display "backlit". This is my thought.

But if nokia team reply, i would be very happy. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Contributor

I finally got time to hand my phone in for service yesterday, but they said that it would probably take between two and three weeks to have it back. :smileysad:

Such annoying noise should not be considered as normal, I think. Especially not in a device that you put right next to your ear while using it.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

please ployene when you have a new n97mini.  write your opinion after your test

Please use plain text.

I heard this "high frequency" noise also from around center of the screen of my N97 mini (just bought it dec 09). Sounds like an old fluorescent light (eventhough not as loud), which is questionable whether the device doesn't have the capacity to operate/run in "normal-silent" way or it's now becoming a "buzzing-phone" (with its additonal annoying feature)?

This exhausted-noise like is gone when the screen is off and start to "iiiiiiiiiiing" continuosly again when the screen is on.

@SDP_2009 where did you buy your N97 mini from? country?

I bought mine in Singapore, from cell phone operator. Would different manufacturer, in different country, using different origin of spare-part bring up different quality of end product?

This seriously ANNOYING sound is defying the big brand name!

are the testing & quality control team at NOKIA losing their hearing?

don't tell me you guys (a.k.a. NOKIA) proud of this "pitchy" sound-emitting smartphone.

please show us that you guys smart-enough to make it SILENT.....   (oh shut up!!!)

Please use plain text.
Sage

@EdGee: I bought my N97 Mini from Orange (mobile network) in the UK.

I have no strange sound from my phone. I would guess that you have a defective handset. Get Nokia, or the company you bought it from, to replace it. And check it thoroughly before you accept the new one.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
mostxwanted

i guess it happens when the battery is low ...
Please use plain text.
Contributor

mostxwanted wrote:
i guess it happens when the battery is low ...

Battery status didn't make any difference on mine.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
mostxwanted

does it happen in all the profiles?
Please use plain text.

either battery low or fully charged

on every profile (general, silent, meeting etc)

this "iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing" sound still heard so long the screen is on

when the screen swithced off then the sound gone

it's heard when the ear put near to center of the screen

the sound comes out from the screen

Please use plain text.
Advisor

yes, what you say is right!
Please use plain text.
Contributor

I make everything like soft format and then restore factory setting and also reinstalled the version But still hear the noise sound I think it is a hardware issue not software

Please use plain text.