Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N97 mini cant connect via open wifi

Counsellor

N97 mini cant connect via open wifi

I cant connect to internet with none of the open wifi, also called wifi zones, those wifi at public places.... sometimes say me than I cant connect to network, or if can connect, applications than request internet no connect or say me than need use other access point

I have firmware version 12.2.121

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
donofworld

It could be possible that those wifi at public places are secured ones then it won't work
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

well, when I say open wifi = no wep or wpa, public wifi

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
ajaydavidson

Hello leo3487, did you try to configure the settings required for the Wifi connection manually?
Nokia C7
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

How is it?
my Nokia N97 mini has not the same configuration than Windows at TCP/IP protocol

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
ajaydavidson

Try this go to settings>connectivity>destinations>then see if there's an option to add New access point. If not then find the place where the open Wifi name is displayed. Then touch it twice then you will see the settings for the access
point. Now, click on options
button at the bottom left of the screen and
select “Advanced Settings” from the list. This
will take you to the advanced settings. In Advanced Settings, you will now see four
settings, namely IPv4 settings, IPv6 settings,
Proxy Server Address and Proxy port
number. In IPv4 you have to enter the ip and subnet mask and default gateway. Then tap back then enter the proxy and port number. You have to set the WLAN mode as public security as open. Try and reply.
Nokia C7
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Thanks. I needed configure DNS. Seem than cellphone cant get it when is not configured at router
Please use plain text.